Thread: 03 FFL - Pros/Cons

03 FFL - Pros/Cons

With the move coming up and my general proclivity towards liking and acquiring old(er) guns, I'm thinking seriously of getting an 03 FFL. I reviewed the process for application on the ATF's website and it seems fairly straight forward. I have a couple of Qs for folks who have/had 03s.

1) It looks like, but I cannot confirm, does the ATF not list 03 holders under it's "List of FFL Holders" section? My number 1 concern would be easy availability of personal info for robbery purposes.

2) Has anyone done an interstate move with an 03? And if so did you encounter any difficulties? It looks like it's a straight forward form to update info. The reality is I may be moving again in ~12-months and almost certainly within 36-months before the 03 would expire. If this is going to be a pain in the ass I can put it off a bit longer.

__

Any General Pros/Cons for 03 holders?

Brownells and Grafs have discounts anybody else?

1) You're correct, 03's aren't listed on the FFL ez-Check tool, nor the ATF's list of FFLs.
    2) I haven't moved since I got my 03, but I can't imagine the process being more difficult than the initial application (i.e. pretty easy).

I’ve had mine for 12 plus years now. No issues. Never moved, but don’t think an address change would be a big deal.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

You file this, send a copy to your CLEO, and they replace it with a new one/same expiration date. I did it when I moved to ME… was only a few weeks to get the updated FFL. My renewal package came a few weeks back, and just renewed (well, submitted and they charged my card).

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...30038/download

Thanks guys.

I can add that to the paperwork pile post-move. Now to remember to not cruise Gunbroker after consuming beverages.

User Tag List