Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mas Ayoob Is 45 Auto Obsolete?

Mas Ayoob Is 45 Auto Obsolete?

https://www.thearmorylife.com/ayoob-...ource=hs_email

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    If 9mm stays withing $5 a box of .45 I will be shooting more .45.

When the .45acp is truly obsolete it will be a sure sign of the end of days.

My range is currently charging $40 for a box of .45 range ammo. I'm glad I roll my own.

Between the common service calibers, the bore size of the gun is the last thing one should consider.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Locally, I've been seeing .45 ball for $25 a box, and 9mm for $30 or better.

When you could [I]find[I] 9mm, that is.

Mas Ayoob Is 45 Auto Obsolete?

NEVER! And so say all those who subscribe to the truth.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Bill Wilson and Massad Ayoob discussing 9mm and .45acp, with a large emphasis on arthritic hands:

Site Supporter
    The idea of shooting 1000 rounds of .45 ACP through a pistol makes my hands hurt just thinking about it. I would much rather do it with a 9mm Luger pistol. Regardless of cost, availability, or debates about "stopping power," it feels better. And I will assert that he knows nothing if a person has not put at least a 1000 rounds through his pistol. So, yes, the .45 ACP is obsolete as fair as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by TNK View Post
    And I will assert that he knows nothing if a person has not put at least a 1000 rounds through his pistol. So, yes, the .45 ACP is obsolete as fair as I am concerned.
    I’m pretty sure that Massad Ayoob knows a bit more than nothing and has put a thousand rounds through one or two .45 pistols...

Site Supporter
    The whole article reads like some easy pay copy with some advertisement for Springfield Armory, and that's fine - Mr. Ayoob's work and reputation needs no introduction. I'm glad that the industry places value on what he has to say.

I think "obsolete" is a poor choice of word. "Impractical" might've been more apropos.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List