Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know if the "missing" Remington loads are coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They could also use Remington as their "niche" load brand. But that would not happen until the current situation normalizes.
    That was my thinking. Particularly the "classic" cup and core designs.

I wonder if they will keep the Golden Saber bonded around after they have plenty of Gold Dots to move.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    That was my thinking. Particularly the "classic" cup and core designs.

I wonder if they will keep the Golden Saber bonded around after they have plenty of Gold Dots to move.
    There are contracts that specify Golden Saber, which, what ever it's other shortcomings has a reputation for being accurate.

Didn't someone post on here their dept was quoted 1 to 1 1/2 years for a Gold Dot order ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are contracts that specify Golden Saber, which, what ever it's other shortcomings has a reputation for being accurate.

Didn't someone post on here their dept was quoted 1 to 1 1/2 years for a Gold Dot order ?
    I'm not gonna go search for the thread, but I remember reading something like that as well.

If I were still working the road, and had to choose between carrying the same three magazines of Gold Dots for 18 months in the rain, cold, and heat, and being able to recharge with Golden Sabers quarterly, I'd rock the Sabers.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I'm not gonna go search for the thread, but I remember reading something like that as well.

If I were still working the road, and had to choose between carrying the same three magazines of Gold Dots for 18 months in the rain, cold, and heat, and being able to recharge with Golden Sabers quarterly, I'd rock the Sabers.
    I might be buying some Sabers if new Dots are over a year away.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I might be buying some Sabers if new Dots are over a year away.
    Ayuh. I have about decade supply of HST for my Glock 19s. I suppose if something truly revolutionary comes along, I can always just buy the new thing and use the HSTs as training fodder, but I think we're likely to only see marginal, incremental improvements in 9mm handgun ammo.

I don't change my ammo out quarterly anymore for anything other than my woods gun, but if I had some HSTs that were getting long in the tooth, I'd replace them with Sabers and just not worry abou tit.

I rock the Golden Sabers as a "town load" for my 4" .357.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I back ordered 124Gr +P Gold Dots in January 25 '21 and they shipped them April 30 '21 - 50 rnd LE boxes, new manufacture in the new style boxes. They came in way sooner than I expected. I still have HST I bought last year.

I got notification last week that my LGS received several cases of 50 rnd boxes of HST in .9 mm & .40 and was selling them for $40 bucks a box.

Ammo is out there if you plan ahead it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I back ordered 124Gr +P Gold Dots in January 25 '21 and they shipped them April 30 '21 - 50 rnd LE boxes, new manufacture in the new style boxes. They came in way sooner than I expected. I still have HST I bought last year.

I got notification last week that my LGS received several cases of 50 rnd boxes of HST in .9 mm & .40 and was selling them for $40 bucks a box.

Ammo is out there if you plan ahead it seems.
    Yep, there is greater availability of ammo these days, but at 80¢ per round pricing is still a problem.

Of course, if I've gotta shell out that kind of money for a few boxes to get me through a tough time, I'd be happiest doing so for any of the loads on Doc Robert's list.

Your choice in the 9mm 124-grain +P Gold Dot JHP is my most preferred load for the caliber. Well done, sir!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yep, there is greater availability of ammo these days, but at 80¢ per round pricing is still a problem.

Of course, if I've gotta shell out that kind of money for a few boxes to get me through a tough time, I'd be happiest doing so for any of the loads on Doc Robert's list.

Your choice in the 9mm 124-grain +P Gold Dot JHP is my most preferred load for the caliber. Well done, sir!
    You can't go wrong with the Gold Dots! I backordered them but still had to pay $41 a box shipped. I doubt they will ever get back down to $20 a box

Site Supporter
    Remington's .38 Special 158-grain LSWC-HP is back, Lucky Gunner has some. It's $30/box of 20...which is more than I paid for boxes of 50 pre-Covid.

Just today I saw some Remington .38 Special and .357 Magnum on the shelf at my (not so local...~1hr away) LGS that was not there two weeks ago. Don't remember the grain or bullet style. I bought 2 boxes of 230 gr. FMJ in .45ACP, that was also non-existent two weeks ago.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List