Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know if the "missing" Remington loads are coming back?

Anyone know if the "missing" Remington loads are coming back?

While the 125 grain SJHP .38 that my Trooper loves over all other loads is back, no 158 or 180 grain SJHP. 357 is listed as of yet. I know some other old loads are not listed as well.

Anyone know if Remington is planning on bringing loads not currently offered on their website back?
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    I have no idea, but note that the equivalent loads on the Federal and Speer websites aren’t available yet either. My guess is that it’s a matter of them prioritizing production toward practice loads rather than carry loads. I’ve only seen carry loads in 9x19 and .40 S&W.

I’m waiting for Remington 158-grain LSWC-HP and either Remington or Federal wadcutter in .38 Special.

Wadcutters seem to be an exotic item these days, so I can see them as a lower priority than more standard target fare.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I sure hope that they bring back the 357 Magnum 158 grain SJHP load. That was a great general purpose .357 loading. It is also very sad that Federal has discontinued the classic 357B and 357E loadings. It seems Winchester is now the only one that catalogs a 158 grain SJHP.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I have no idea, but note that the equivalent loads on the Federal and Speer websites aren’t available yet either. My guess is that it’s a matter of them prioritizing production toward practice loads rather than carry loads. I’ve only seen carry loads in 9x19 and .40 S&W.

I’m waiting for Remington 158-grain LSWC-HP and either Remington or Federal wadcutter in .38 Special.
    @revchuck38 as of 0823 PST, Lucky Gunner has Black Hills Wadcutters in stock.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post

Both are now listed on Remington's site.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    While the 125 grain SJHP .38 that my Trooper loves over all other loads is back, no 158 or 180 grain SJHP. 357 is listed as of yet. I know some other old loads are not listed as well.

Anyone know if Remington is planning on bringing loads not currently offered on their website back?
    If you mean will they bring them back eventually when the record demand for contemporary calibers and year plus ammo backlogs are behind us ? I hope so. I don't want to have to handload 30-40 Krag.

If you mean right now.... are you insane ? With demand for contemporary calibers you are lucky they're even making .38/.357.

It's gonna be along time before we start seeing any new production of niche or obsolescent ammo. Especially from the big 3.

Site Supporter
    Both are now listed on Remington's site.
    They were always listed on the website. The website says "check with your LGS for availability". They're not doing direct sales and don't indicate whether those rounds are in production. I'm not too worried, I don't shoot my carry ammo often and have enough to shoot the stuff in the cylinder every six months for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you mean will they bring them back eventually when the record demand for contemporary calibers and year plus ammo backlogs are behind us ? I hope so. I don't want to have to handload 30-40 Krag.

If you mean right now.... are you insane ? With demand for contemporary calibers you are lucky they're even making .38/.357.

It's gonna be along time before we start seeing any new production of niche or obsolescent ammo. Especially from the big 3.
    I was mostly asking because given Remington being owned by Federal/Speer, it seems like not resuming production of some offerings would make financial sense.

I'm looking at the long term.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    I was mostly asking because given Remington being owned by Federal/Speer, it seems like not resuming production of some offerings would make financial sense.

I'm looking at the long term.
    They could also use Remington as their "niche" load brand. But that would not happen until the current situation normalizes.

User Tag List