Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farnam Student Involved in Gunfight

Farnam Student Involved in Gunfight

“27 Dec 23

Christmas Eve Shooting!

One of my long-time students was involved in a fatal shooting on 24 Dec 23.

As you might expect, I can only talk about this incident in general terms.

It took place in a metro area.

My student was precipitously assaulted simultaneously by several armed-robbery suspects.

One of the suspects pointed a pistol at my student at very close range and demanded he surrender his wallet, which my student did without hesitation.

The suspect then abruptly shot my student with at least one round. A single bullet barely nicked my student’s ear!

My student immediately broke and ran, with the suspect in close pursuit.

Taking cover behind a dumpster, my student drew his own iron-sighted G19, found his sights, and began firing at the still-armed suspect who was continuing to come toward him.

Range was between four and ten meters.

Suspect was hit in the torso multiple times. He went down abruptly, dropping his pistol on the pavement next to him.

My student’s G19 functioned normally. Ammunition was Defiant 9mm 115gr TCX. No exit wounds.

Suspect was DRT.

Seeing what had just happened, his co-conspirators fled the scene without delay. They are still at-large.

My student was not injured, aside from the nick in his ear.

My student holds a current CCW permit for his state and remained at the scene while he called police.

When police arrived, my student was taken into custody and held locally for twenty-four hours, after which is was released.

Following his training, my student kept his statements to a minimum and asked that his lawyer be personally present prior to additional questioning

Ultimately, no criminal charges were filed. Even the local (liberal) prosecutor could find no legitimate reason to charge my student with a crime.

My student is an ACLDN member and currently enjoys their assertive assistance.

Curiously, this shooting incident was all but ignored by local “mainstream media,” as it does not fit their leftist agenda.

Lessons:

1) Go armed! In a “gunfight,” who finds himself without a gun will not experience a happy ending.

2) There is no substitute for personal competence! You have to know what you’re doing, before, during, and after, and have absolute confidence that you can do it. They’ll be no one there to help you in the short term. You must know and understand what to do, what not to do, what to say, what not to say.

That’s the difference between a live professional, and a dead amateur!

3) “Compliance” with demands of violent criminals does not keep one from harm, as liberal media charlatans would have us believe!

It is obvious this suspect fully intended to murder my student on the spot, no matter what his did.

4) When you’re not already, become a member of ACLDN (Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network), right now! Their expert assistance is invaluable.

5) Most lethal-force episodes, like most motor-vehicle accidents, are avoidable, and should be avoided whenever possible.

You know the drill:

Don’t go to stupid places.
    Don’t associate with stupid people.
    Don’t do stupid things.
    Have a “normal” appearance.
    Be in bed by 10:00pm.
    Don’t fail the attitude test

Yet, the foregoing incident took place in a “nice part of town,” during the day, involving an ordinary-looking male (my student), in a quiet, residential area.

Yes, we can stack the odds in our favor, but there are no “guarantees,” as we see!

My student is alive an well today, and a free man (not in jail), due to his continual preparedness, competent training, personal courage, correct mind-set.

“‘Taking the law into your own hands?’

The law IS in our hands!

‘Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves.

Indeed, when personally threatened, we have no choice!”

Citizen’s Axiom

/John“

It's no surprise that anyone who has trained with John and Vicki would come out ahead in a situation like this.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I'm glad he survived this encounter. The aftermath is probably incredibly stressful with the decedents family and associates likely taking umbrage to the outcome.

Getting carry insurance has become a very serious priority of mine recently, and hopefully I'll be in a position to discuss that more at some point.

Site Supporter
    Win a fight with a scum bag and still go to jail for a day.

Crazy world out there gentlemen, watch out.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Hard to argue against the necessity of one's actions when you only resorted to the gun after having been shot and fled to try and avoid being shot again, only to be further pursued by the dude who shot you.
    3/15/2016

That's a mighty quick turnaround over a holiday on a decision not to charge by a liberal DA, especially after being arrested and held.
    Stating that the DA is not charging might be a tetch premature.
    Good luck to the CCW and hopefully the robber is dancing shrieking on the grates of Hell.

Permission.

DAVE,

May I have your permission to share (cut and paste this, word for word) this over on the 24 hour campfire?

I have a thread called "This is why I carry a gun I can fight with."

This illustrates the talking points precisely, and I will make sure that you, Farnham are credited as the source of the information.

Ted

Yes, I am sharing it, the more the merrier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    That's a mighty quick turnaround over a holiday on a decision not to charge by a liberal DA, especially after being arrested and held.
    Stating that the DA is not charging might be a tetch premature.
    Agreed.

An initial decision by the police or a junior intake DA not to immediately pursue charges is not the same as a formal "Nolle prosequi" decision. Though the facts as presented seem quite justified, IME the more liberal the jurisdiction the more likely a liberal DA will want to present a legitimate shooting / self defense case to a Grand Jury and deflect responsibility instead making a Non prosecution decision which might be unpopular with their liberal base.

Either way, a formal decision or grand jury presentation is not normally done until a full investigation is completed, which normally takes weeks, to months.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I'm glad he survived this encounter. The aftermath is probably incredibly stressful with the decedents family and associates likely taking umbrage to the outcome.

Getting carry insurance has become a very serious priority of mine recently, and hopefully I'll be in a position to discuss that more at some point.
    While not unheard of, the actual incidence of family / gang associates trying to take revenge is, like death by quick sand, quite over blown.

Carry/ liability insurance is a far higher priority. Post shooting risk - unscrupulous attorney's > risk than drive-bys.

User Tag List