Thread: IJ .22 launcher

IJ .22 launcher

A few months ago, I took the two adult kids to the range. After shooting various centerfire autos and wheelies, we broke out the 10/22 Takedown.

Man, I'd forgotten just how much fun a .22 is! As I'd been gifted a couple of gallon zip-lock bags of .22LR, my mind began to scheme. Although there are a lot of great .22s out there, one thing I wanted to avoid was burning it all up on mag dumps.

So, shortly thereafter, I was running errands with my dad and we stopped into a local pawn shop to say "Hi!" to the proprietor, whom I've known since I was a teenager and my dad has done business with for over 50 years. I wasn't expecting much on the shelves, as this area has been hit with the same panic buying as everywhere else. However, he happened to have an Iver Johnson M50 Sidewinder in pretty good condition. Looking it over, I realized that it was just what I'd envisioned for leisurely plinking. It went on layaway and I picked it up today. Looking forward to hitting the range, once the ground dries up from our recent monsoon.

Name:  IMG_20210520_181017985[1].jpg
Views: 217
Size:  34.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210520_181000466[1].jpg
Views: 205
Size:  37.6 KB
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Nothing wrong with an old IJ. Have my eye on a local H&R of similar design.

Looks like fun, and that's the primary draw of a 22LR. I just purchased a Buckmark with a similar motive as yours. ENJOY! Sometimes guns are just fun!

User Tag List