Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Midway importing M1 Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Pass. I'd rather have a DCM Garand or 03A3 for less.
    Yeah, 03A3 for me.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Just set up a transfer from my investment accounts in order to be able to pounce once these become available on the 8th. That very act has got me thinking. The prices on these seem awfully high even though M1 carbines have become quite collectable, I can't help but feel that Midway is putting a pretty large premium on these rifles just because the market today is insane. I have long wanted a nice carbine, but honestly don't want to get raped, especially when their are other rifles in calibers I actually have ammunition for (like the FN-49) that I would almost just as much. And that is another fly in the ointment - I have no 30 cal ammo nor do I have much chance of getting any in the near future with the asinine ammo laws in Kalifornia.

I'm leaning towards a pass......
    Last edited by Suvorov; 06-03-2021 at 11:09 PM.

I'm torn, but pretty sure I'll be buying one of these, I have a couple of Garands, a nice M1903 scant stock Springfield, and a just shipped CMP 1911. The M1 Carbine would fill a hole that I want to fill.

Reportedly, Italy had 140 some odd thousand of these.

According to Midway:

The NRA Firearm Condition Standards for guns of this era, listed below, served as our guide for grading. We made a visual inspection of the external surfaces of the firearm and checked the actions for operational status (ensuring the charging handle operates the bolt). These guns have not been disassembled or test fired so working condition is unknown.

Fine: All original parts and configuration, or possibly a very minor alteration from original configuration that was made during the period of use (WWII). Sharp markings, only minor stock blemishes. Retains at least 90% of original finish.

Very Good to Fine: All original parts and configuration, or possibly a very minor alteration from original configuration that was made during the period of use (WWII). No corrosion or pitting, minor scratches only. Retains at least 60% of original finish.

Fine and good are the areas I will be batting in, so we shall see what happens. First choice Rock-ola (just cause) then Winchester.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    A little more than I was wanting to spend, but......

Thinking about a Winchester VG-F with lug at about $1700...

Wanting something that looks good still, has some collector value (I guess they all do), but won't loose value if it is shot.

Thoughts?
    I don’t know anything about this stuff but kind of want the same exact thing. I don’t care about too much about collector value but Winchester feels like a good American gun company.

Also curious if anyone has thoughts. It’d be mostly a safe queen next to my Springfield Garand but I want something that will function well and has some value without paying like crazy for a name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just set up a transfer from my investment accounts in order to be able to pounce once these become available on the 8th. That very act has got me thinking. The prices on these seem awfully high even though M1 carbines have become quite collectable, I can't help but feel that Midway is putting a pretty large premium on these rifles just because the market today is insane. I have long wanted a nice carbine, but honestly don't want to get raped, especially when their are other rifles in calibers I actually have ammunition for (like the FN-49) that I would almost just as much. And that is another fly in the ointment - I have no 30 cal ammo nor do I have much chance of getting any in the near future with the asinine ammo laws in Kalifornia.

I'm leaning towards a pass......
    Why u no reload yet?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Why u no reload yet?
    Because i shoot common calibers and until recently I have been able to “buy cheap and stack deep.”

Also it seems to me that reloading is just as vulnerable to panic born shortages as loaded ammunition.

The only advantage for me right now would be that I could order components without being subject to a background check like loaded ammo and thus sent directly to my house (for now), but that will a moot point by the end of year.

Because i shoot common calibers and until recently I have been able to “buy cheap and stack deep.”

Also it seems to me that reloading is just as vulnerable to panic born shortages as loaded ammunition.

The only advantage for me right now would be that I could order components without being subject to a background check like loaded ammo and thus sent directly to my house (for now), but that will a moot point by the end of year.
    It took a bit longer for the panic to hit the reloading world, but not by much. I have no problems getting components except for primers, which became unobtanium first and have remained so. One local shop recently got some primers in stock, but they were charging $35 per hundred.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Pass. I'd rather have a DCM Garand or 03A3 for less.
    Agreed. I have the DCM Garand but really want a shooter grade 03A3.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Agreed. I have the DCM Garand but really want a shooter grade 03A3.
    They had 03's in the rack at both the Anniston and the Talladega CMP stores when I was there. I was lead to believe that was generally the case.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

And they're gone.

User Tag List