Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway importing M1 Carbines

Midway importing M1 Carbines

Saw this on another forum.

In case somebody is interested.

https://www.midwayusa.com/us-militar...us-m1-carbines

Site Supporter
    Pricing?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Pricing?
    I didn't see any. I signed up for the notification; if they're reasonable, I'll get one. If it's more than a shooter-grade Garand from DCM, nope.

Site Supporter
    Signed up for a notification. I'd love a shooter Garand as well.

I saw that, but with what Royal Tiger gets for beater carbines, I expect that they'll be well up into the teens. Apparently Midway doesn't honor 03 FFLs either. Hopefully CMP manages to get more from Korea at some point.

These won't be cheap. Nothing like the CMP 1911's. Those were good deals because I see them being sold on GB for 30% over what the CMP sold them for.

I'll proffer a guess that the highest grade will be around $1500. Lowest grade probably $1100.

"Don't lowball me, I know what I have"

I'll buy one if the price isn't to outrageous but I think the chances of that are slim. Not terribly motivated because I already have a 43 Inland with a replaced Winchester barrel that shoots like a new rifle.

The thing about these Midway rifles is, if they haven't been rearsenaled the barrels could be used up. I suggest if anyone wants one they demand a muzzle erosion gage # be available and it be less than 2. Otherwise you will need to replace the barrel.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Received an email this morning about M1 Carbines available from Classic Firearms. The price for what is described as Excellent Surplus Condition is about $1,600. This might be an indication of the likely prices from Midway.

Here's one on an auction site in good condition. My guess it will go for around $1400. They seem to be increasing about $100 every year or so.

https://www.gunauction.com/buy/17145364
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Thank you. I have long wanted a good M1 carbine and am at the point I can probably pull it off.

A few years ago, I bought an M1 Carbine that was an Italian return. I paid $700. I jumped on it because I'd watched prices steadily rise and doubted I'd find a good one cheaper. The metal is in excellent shape and the bore looked pristine, with a 1943 date. (Buffalo Arms barrel/National Postal Meter receiver) I replaced the Italian made stock with a walnut replica stock of GI profile and couldn't be happier.

If these Midway guns are Italian returns, it may be a best case to get an M1 carbine in good condition.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List