Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Oregon Counties Secede

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Did it?
    Did what? If you're asking me if it worked for me, then as I said, yes it did and does still.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    He certainly was a catalyst for change. Now we have a knee jerk reaction in the WH. I'm wondering who we might get in 2024. Maybe Caitlyn Jenner.
    He was at that! Caitlyn. Oh man that made me laugh. And it would about figure. Crazy town for sure.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    What democracy is: an incredibly inefficient manner of governing. It’s a terrible way to “lead” or “govern.” What it is good at, however, is keeping the disparate tribes united under its umbrella from killing each other. That is the true purpose of “democracy” (or a representative republic). My overarching concern with all the people calling for a radical, single-sided restructuring of our republic’s representation is exactly that: what comes next is shooting each other. More than we already are, I mean.

JMO.
    Yup, the democratic republic form of government sucks; it just sucks the least of all forms of government.

As for the secession vote, this is how civil wars start. The fact that secession does not work should not be the focus; the fact that enough people are angry enough to get it on the ballot and vote for it should be the real focus.

If the country does not see a real leader soon, a civil war will happen within the next two decades. And not like the Civil War but a war fought by guerrilla tactics with no uniforms. Think northern Ireland.

The U.S. is a voluntary union.

But after the south seceded Lincoln went to war to force them back into the voluntary union. Kinda Orwellian but thats become more and more common with regard to big gov.

https://www.voluntary-union.org
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

User Tag List