Thread: Week 421: iHack

Week 421: iHack

Week 421: iHack

Results may be posted until August 20th, 2021.

designed from the: Hackathorn 3-Second Head Shot Standards
    Range: 5yd
    Target: three 2" circles - download here: http://pistol-training.com/wp-conten...in-circles.pdf
    Start position: varies (see below)
    Rounds fired: 45

The iHack is an indoor range friendly version of the famous Hackathorn 3-Second Head Shot Standards. The targets are much closer together but also significantly smaller than the regular version of the drill.

PAR time is set to three seconds for each string. There are three strings of fire.
    1. Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, going from left to right
    2. Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, going from right to left.
    3. Fire one (and only one) shot at each target, beginning with the middle target and then finishing with the two outside targets in any order.
    Shots fired after the 3-second PAR time count as misses. In total, you will fire nine rounds (three shots in three seconds, times three strings of fire) for each run of the drill. A "passing" score is 7 out of 9.

There are three "levels" to the drill based on start position for each 3-shot string. From easiest to hardest, they are: ready position (pistol cannot be pointed at the target), open top holster with no concealment, and either concealed or retention holster. You can choose whichever ready position you wish. If the drill proves too hard or easy, switch to a different "level" as appropriate.

Shoot the drill a total of five times (45 shots).

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:
    starting position (ready position, open holster, retention holster, or concealed)
    hits for each of the five runs
    aggregate score

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Starting position: Concealed AIWB in Phlster Floodlight (VP9 w/LWG MRAP, Boresight Solutions grip work, PMM Comp. Tracker, 508T, and PL350)

Hits for each of the five runs:
    1. 3 (dropped 1 - over par)
    2. 3 (dropped 2 - over par)
    3. 7 (dropped 1 - over par)
    4. 4
    5. 8

Aggregate score: 25

This was deceptively hard! I didn't document my first shot times, but I'm going to assume I was in the 1.5-1.7 second range with .5-.7 splits. I've been shooting a dot for about two years now and this was a great exercise to practice visual tracking of the dot and trying to bring it down under recoil to the next circle. When my timing was off and I had to wait just a beat longer than planned for the dot to cross the edge of the next circle, I was prematurely tightening up on the gun before breaking the shot and most of my misses went a couple inches low.

User Tag List