Thread: Week 416: 2-Second Challenge #2

Week 416: 2-Second Challenge #2

Week 416: 2-Second Challenge #2

Results may be posted until August 20th, 2021.

Designed by: Todd Louis Green
    Range: 5 yards
    Target: 3x5 card
    Start position: From concealment or a duty/retention holster
    Rounds fired: Varies

This is our second in a series of "What can you do in two seconds?" AMRAP drills.

Set up your target at five yards. You will draw from either concealment or a duty/retention holster. If your range does not allow you to draw from a holster, begin from the ready position (gun in whatever condition you normally carry it).

Give yourself a 2-second PAR.

Draw and fire one shot at the target within the PAR time.

If you are successful with all hits in time five times in a row, repeat the test but fire two rounds maintaining the 2-second PAR.

If you are successful with all hits within the PAR five times in a row, repeat the test but firing three rounds (keeping the 2s PAR).

As long as you get all hits within PAR five times in a row, keep adding one more shot and try again.

Once you miss or go over PAR, the drill is over.
    Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and holster used
    Start position (concealed, duty, or ready).
    Highest number of hits per draw that you successfully scored all hits within PAR time for five successive attempts
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

92d, ltt rdo, holosun 407c
    concealed under a summer shirt with phlster floodlight/enigma

singles - pass

doubles - fail

Very consistent draw to first shot. Not as happy with half second splits to the 3x5 @ 5 yards but for very minimal centerfire recoil control stuff this year I get what I get. I got better as I warmed up though, as I should.

singles

double
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Did I mention that I sucked yesterday?

Pistol and holster used: VP9, 508T, PMM Comp. Tracker, Gray Guns SFAP; Phlster Floodlight.

Start position (concealed, duty, or ready): Concealed, hands in fending position just below eye level.

Highest number of hits per draw that you successfully scored all hits within PAR time for five successive attempts: Zero!

Shot on Pistol-Training target brain box.

1. 1.52
    2. 1.75
    3. 1.97
    4. 1.54 miss

I like to shoot the "Immediate Incapacitation" drill periodically, and I can pretty consistently shoot that cleanly around 2.20 when warmed up, so missing a single shot is frustrating, especially considering I was plenty warmed up when I started this drill.

User Tag List