Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford F-150 Lightning

I thought that some folks might be interested to see what the reservation process looks like

Email from Ford directly

Name:  091C3129-C98F-4E4C-B578-DC5E39DD4F07.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  29.6 KB
    Name:  A9B60FDD-C28A-4614-916B-062ADF093686.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  28.6 KB

They also make you select a local dealer. This is the email from them.

Name:  0FF13689-4693-4CA7-BC7C-ABD8E9AA44E7.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  58.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    So what happens to your $100 if you can't work out a price with the dealership? Can you go to a different dealership? Or if you just change your mind?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So what happens to your $100 if you can't work out a price with the dealership? Can you go to a different dealership? Or if you just change your mind?
    No idea.

For $100 I’m willing to find out

From my reading it sounds like the dealer is reduced to a delivery system in this transaction. And…

Step 1 – Reserve. Done! We’ve received your reservation . Your deposit is 100% refundable if you decide to not move forward with the order.
    Step 2 – Confirm Specs/Price. We’ll want to confirm we have your vehicle specs correct so we get the order processed with the right equipment on it.
    Step 3 – Order. Once the order system is ready, we’ll get it in and in line for production.
    Step 4 – Wait and Dream. We anticipate receiving Lightning deliveries fall of next year. I wish I could give you an exact date for you’re adventures to begin but I’ll keep you posted on the progress.
    Step 5 – Begin the Adventure. As soon as your Lightning is delivered to us, you’ll be notified. Let the Adventure Begin!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Apparently the dealerships trying to charge over MSRP IS an issue, but from what I've seen you can call and change to a different dealership without losing your place in line.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    No idea.

For $100 I’m willing to find out

From my reading it sounds like the dealer is reduced to a delivery system in this transaction. And…

Step 1 – Reserve. Done! We’ve received your reservation . Your deposit is 100% refundable if you decide to not move forward with the order.
    Step 2 – Confirm Specs/Price. We’ll want to confirm we have your vehicle specs correct so we get the order processed with the right equipment on it.
    Step 3 – Order. Once the order system is ready, we’ll get it in and in line for production.
    Step 4 – Wait and Dream. We anticipate receiving Lightning deliveries fall of next year. I wish I could give you an exact date for you’re adventures to begin but I’ll keep you posted on the progress.
    Step 5 – Begin the Adventure. As soon as your Lightning is delivered to us, you’ll be notified. Let the Adventure Begin!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Apparently the dealerships trying to charge over MSRP IS an issue, but from what I've seen you can call and change to a different dealership without losing your place in line.
    Good news with the Lightning is that they will have learned a lot re: electric vehicle pricing, sales, backlog, etc. with the Mach E.

For you guys buying or looking at plug-in vehicles, are you able to set up a dedicated charging space inside a garage or other "secure" area? Or are you okay with taking your chances letting it charge outside, and not only being out a cable when you wake up but also have a partially charged vehicle that can't get you to work?

We couldn't keep shoreline cables in stock at my previous career in EMS. High theft item. High crime area, but when these EVs get more popular I can easily see people driving around looking for EV cables to snatch.

For this reason alone, I see these vehicles remaining a novelty for many Americans that live without a garage.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For you guys buying or looking at plug-in vehicles, are you able to set up a dedicated charging space inside a garage or other "secure" area? Or are you okay with taking your chances letting it charge outside, and not only being out a cable when you wake up but also have a partially charged vehicle that can't get you to work?

We couldn't keep shoreline cables in stock at my previous career in EMS. High theft item. High crime area, but when these EVs get more popular I can easily see people driving around looking for EV cables to snatch.

For this reason alone, I see these vehicles remaining a novelty for many Americans that live without a garage.
    A couple years ago my company wanted to be extra green. They were going to mandate all company cars be an EV. We had to full out surveys and the company was going to pay an electrician to install a charging station. Then one employee, an early adopter, had their home/garage catch fire due to the electrical work/charging port. Everyone drives gasoline power vehicles today and EVs are not spoken of.

Halloween 2011 we had a Nor'easter, a freak October snow storm. Much of the foliage had not fallen from the trees. The snow clinging to limbs plus leaves did massive damage. We had no power in my town for 5 days. Other areas even longer. While rare scenarios like this are enough convince me the concept isn't fit for a primary vehicle.
    Last edited by JohnO; 07-20-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Most EVs these days should have a durable place to lock the cable. My sister "lost" a few cables in downtown Sacramento on her gen1 leaf (with only a puny luggage lock), but subsequent cars have had much better securement.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Most EVs these days should have a durable place to lock the cable. My sister "lost" a few cables in downtown Sacramento on her gen1 leaf (with only a puny luggage lock), but subsequent cars have had much better securement.
    lol.

You can cut a cable and walk away with it, while the plug remains locked in place.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Sure, but it destroys the cable so to what benefit? Anti-eco terrorism?

You could also use bolt cutters to cut the lock and take the cable, but it hasn't been an issue for her yet in an area with very high rates of pilfering. juice isn't worth the squeeze when you can clear out a cvs cosmetics counter unmolested by staff and, if caught by police, have the charges dropped for "criminalizing poverty."

User Tag List