Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford F-150 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    Another Masshole-who'd you sleep with to get an LTC?

In a power outage I was thinking running off a generator vs an electric vehicle. Not sure id want to do that especially if it was my primary vehicle.
    I'm a Ford shareholder and prospective future customer. I know a lot of urban folks own full sized trucks (bit excessive). Just wish they had put the E-powertrain in the Ranger first-would likely have longer range, and a better fit for yuppies. Keep the gas in the "real truck" until the technology is ready for prime time.
    Fair point, gas genny would be better, but its cool you can use the giant battery pack in a pinch if you own it anyway and I'm guess most people won't have it as their only vehicle.

Its a restricted LTC unfortunately, but if you know who I need sleep with to change that I'm all ears!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by karandom View Post
    Fair point, gas genny would be better, but its cool you can use the giant battery pack in a pinch if you own it anyway and I'm guess most people won't have it as their only vehicle.

Its a restricted LTC unfortunately, but if you know who I need sleep with to change that I'm all ears!
    The generator function is kinda cool

Can you re-apply for unrestricted a year from orig. Issuance? Thats what I did when I lived in Newton?
    Ex-military, business owner (LLC ) exemption. Have a lawyer write a letter?
    Last edited by Pyromancer; 05-22-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Mid 4 second 0-60. All trucks will be AWD. $39k starting price. $32.5k with incentives.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

As a guy with a multitude of trucks that get parked at night go out again in the morning, if they get this tech into a heavy duty truck I'm going to be excited. An F450 with the same HP and Torque of the Lightning would be pretty damn cool. Even if it only had a 250 mile range it would more than handle what we do, especially if it can charge 50% to 80% in 45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    *TFL NOW VIDEO*

Mid 4 second 0-60. All trucks will be AWD. $39k starting price. $32.5k with incentives.
    certainly love the speed and the AWD, and almost certainly gets me in the HOV lane.

I think he claimed 300 miles?

Reserve Your F-150 Lightning
    Be among the first to own the all-new 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning. Choose your dealer, fill out the reservation form and make a reservation. The entry model starts at $39,974 MSRP (commercial-oriented). More-equipped mid-series (XLT) starts at $52,974 MSRP, offering additional comfort and technology. MSRP starting at $39,974 up to around $90,474.1

$100 to reserve so why not?

Reserve now, get it middle next year.

Unless it's like the Bronco.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I think he claimed 300 miles?
    Ford hasn't said for sure* on anything yet, but the "leaks" in the various media outlets are saying 300 miles with 1,000 lbs of cargo, over 400 empty. Probably with the extended range battery.

*Ford did say they were targeting 230 miles with the standard battery, 300 with the extended range. They haven't confirmed the actual range or what conditions those ranges apply at)
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 07-19-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Man, I wish I had a bigger garage. I very much like the idea of an all-electric truck made by a major manufacturer, but my garage is too small for F150s and definitely uncomfortable for Rangers.

I’m in the market for an F150 (or other full size truck) and I’m not unwilling to consider an electric model. However, the published range is way too low and I want to be able to refuel from my own stores if normal sources aren’t available. How do I do that with an electric model? How long before there’s an auxiliary power unit to throw in the bed?

I want to be able to jump in, man-drive 6-800 miles (or farther) on demand with refuels in minutes. Is an e-model even an option yet for me?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I’m in the market for an F150 (or other full size truck) and I’m not unwilling to consider an electric model. However, the published range is way too low and I want to be able to refuel from my own stores if normal sources aren’t available. How do I do that with an electric model? How long before there’s an auxiliary power unit to throw in the bed?

I want to be able to jump in, man-drive 6-800 miles (or farther) on demand with refuels in minutes. Is an e-model even an option yet for me?
    Nope. Powerboost is what you seek.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post

I don’t see that being a thing for a long, long, time.

Even if charging was possible as quickly as fueling a gas engine, it’ll be decades before the infrastructure is in place.

And by then, I suspect there will be some pretty big reckonings regarding electric vehicles. Chief among them the lack of state revenue from lost gas taxes. I don’t see why a state wouldn’t cipher of the lifespan of an equivalent gas vehicle, the associated lost tax revenue, and charge that a the time of sale for the original buyer. Seems totally logical to me.

I also suspect that between now and then there are some other reckonings coming, like battery disposal issues, people living with the cars long term, what I predict will be atrocious resale value, etc.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List