Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Ford F-150 Lightning

I am following the Ford Lightning with interest, even though it's not the right truck for me.

I am a rural dweller who often takes my truck deep into the National Forest, and I also frequently tow a trailer.

If i were to buy a new F150, the right truck for me would be the hybrid, particularly with the ProPower package.

If I was a plumbing contractor or something like that, I would already have put a deposit down on a Lightning. I could drive it to jobsites and such everyday, charge it overnight, and spend less time and money on maintenance. It would be the perfect vehicle for something like that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Dunno there's enough buyers out there for it to make it worth the bother for the companies that are already selling every unit they make.
    Well yeah, didja ever see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer's long lost uncle (Danny Divito) owned a car company and let Homer spec out a car the way he liked it, with seventeen cup holders that all held a Big Gulp and as soon as they built the concept car they sent it to the crusher?
    I KNOW WHAT I WANT!!!!

The more we discuss this it sounds like they need a plug-in Maverick. Take the kids to school, go to work (ETA: in the carpool lane...), pick up a few bags of mulch at lunch, watch the kids play soccer/baseball/football/basketball/volleyball/chess and then grab drive through food, spread the mulch and plug the sucker in, rinse, repeat.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If I was a plumbing contractor or something like that, I would already have put a deposit down on a Lightning. I could drive it to jobsites and such everyday, charge it overnight, and spend less time and money on maintenance. It would be the perfect vehicle for something like that.
    I'd wager that in five years, the first thing they'll do on a new-construction jobsite will be to run in power for charging up vehicles and tools.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    The more we discuss this it sounds like they need a plug-in Maverick. Take the kids to school, go to work (ETA: in the carpool lane...), pick up a few bags of mulch at lunch, watch the kids play soccer/baseball/football/basketball/volleyball/chess and then grab drive through food, spread the mulch and plug the sucker in, rinse, repeat.
    In 2023 or 2024 we hope to replace my wife's 2015 Ford Edge with a PHEV or full EV. There's a pretty good chance there will be a PHEV Maverick by then and that might wind up as the go-to-town car. The caveat is that my 8-year-old will probably be damn near 5 feet tall by then so we may need a roomier back seat. The Bronco Sport is also on the table, as it sounds like they will have a PHEV by then.

If the Maverick or Bronco Sport has roughly comparable mileage to the PHEV Edge, we could almost make it to town and back without using the gas engine.

We'll use the EcoBeast F150 for when we light out for The Territories and towing the trailer. I like having a 36 gallon fuel tank when we are up on lonely ass forest roads.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I am following the Ford Lightning with interest, even though it's not the right truck for me.

I am a rural dweller who often takes my truck deep into the National Forest, and I also frequently tow a trailer.

If i were to buy a new F150, the right truck for me would be the hybrid, particularly with the ProPower package.
    PB, 4x4, Lariat, 7.2kW owner here. If the trailer is any kind of big at all, and your trailering is any kind of frequent at all, what I've heard is that you should just get the V8 or the diesel.

That said, I love my PB, I love my ProPower.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    PB, 4x4, Lariat, 7.2kW owner here. If the trailer is any kind of big at all, and your trailering is any kind of frequent at all, what I've heard is that you should just get the V8 or the diesel.

That said, I love my PB, I love my ProPower.
    We have a 2017 3.5L EcoBoost and tow a 4K trailer like it's not even there.

The truck before this one was a 2001 F150 with the 5.4L, and the EcoBoost gets better mileage towing the trailer than the old truck did driving around empty.

For a job truck, don't forget that that you could reasonably replace a truck tool box with the frunk up front, allowing more cargo space in the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    For a job truck, don't forget that that you cuould reasonably replace a truck tool box with the frunk up front, allowing more cargo space in the bed.
    I am excited by the idea of that lockable storage and I bet there will be a robust aftermarket for acessories.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Big let down.

Ford lightning was traditionally a single cab short wheelbase focused on performance.

The more the big 3 auto manufactures try the less I am interested in all of there releases.
    The new Lightning would smoke the old supercharged SVT one. The electric does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds vs 5.2 for the old one and can tow twice as much.

User Tag List