Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Korth Limited Edition

Korth Limited Edition

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...tage-revolver/

With all the talk of the MR73 and high end revolvers, this looks topical.
    So far, these are the only Korths I have seen that actually look good.
    Way, way outside my means, but damn that is a sexy looking sixgun.

3.5" with that lug design would be pretty hot, very 3.5" M27-esque.

I could actually pass on the color case hardening. I'd rather they do either a high-polish blue or even better a polish with a black DLC over it, which will wear well, but still look like a dark high polish blue.

Also, can we talk about how in 2021 introducing a 'vintage'-inspired gun and it not having nitre blued hardware should be considered a crime?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd be happy if they just skipped the logo laser engraving on the normal ones.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'd be happy if they just skipped the logo laser engraving on the normal ones.
    The logo isn't what gets me. The HIDEOUS full underlug is what gets me. It is gigantic and totally unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The logo isn't what gets me. The HIDEOUS full underlug is what gets me. It is gigantic and totally unnecessary.
    That is my biggest hang up on most current production revolvers, S&W especially. The GP100s with the half lug should be the default, not special runs.
    I didn't use to be a big fan of the look of case hardening, until I bought my Uberti 1858, after that, I really dig the aesthetic. Even though for the high humidity in my area, stainless is more practical.

They make that gun in several finishes. Polished black DLC looks really good but the plasma blue is my favorite. It looks like that is a half lug not a full under lug.

https://kortharms.com/en/
    Last edited by Tuvia; 05-19-2021 at 06:11 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Fully agree. If they built this gun https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...629?sku=163606 as an 8-shot .357, I'd have to buy one even with the lockhole.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

3.5" with that lug design would be pretty hot, very 3.5" M27-esque

I could actually pass on the color case hardening. I'd rather they do either a high-polish blue or even better a polish with a black DLC over it, which will wear well, but still look like a dark high polish blue.

Also, can we talk about how in 2021 introducing a 'vintage'-inspired gun and it not having nitre blued hardware should be considered a crime?
    A DLC finish would look way better to me. I really disliked the S&W heritage revolver series case hardened frames, too. Color cased stuff looks good, but I tend to internally roll my eyes on having it done on guns that historically never had it in the first place. The lines of the thing are very nice, though.

I prefer half lugs, too, but that gun is gaudy.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    …that gun is gaudy.
    That's what makes it so awesome!!!

User Tag List