Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone notice the Beef prices lately?

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    20 percent of worldwide beef processing capacity knocked offline.

Crazy.
    At some point you have to think this is asymmetric warfare we're seeing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    At some point you have to think this is asymmetric warfare we're seeing.
    We've already been put on notice. I'm sure Biden can handle it. /sarc
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56828813

Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned the West not to cross a "red line" with Russia, saying such a move would trigger an "asymmetrical, rapid and harsh" response.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    We've already been put on notice. I'm sure Biden can handle it. /sarc
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56828813
    Yup, I’m sure dementia Joe is on it....While Joe is busy making sure the military is “woke” and getting rid of any suspected “ white supremacist” ( Trump supporters) China and Russia are busy getting their militaries ready, and doing an excellent job of fucking up important domestic supply lines, via the internet...I see all this Russia, Russia, Russia, shit as a way to try to build support for a war with Russia.. Honestly, if the idiots in D.C. go down this path, there’s a good chance we’ll get our ass kicked, as China would gleefully jump in to help the Russians. I could see joes new “woke “ military getting shredded by people who don’t give a rats ass about global warming, racism, white supremacy, being vegan, or safe spaces.. they’ll fold like a cheap lawn chair..

Glad I live on the water. Guess it's time to get the fishing tackle out.

Just back from the grocery. Still $12.99 / lb. for N.Y. Strip
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just back from the grocery. Still $12.99 / lb. for N.Y. Strip
    Kroger and Tom Thumb here run weekly sales on beef. Cut ranges from Chuck to Tenderloin. For Memorial weekend they had boneless strip (Choice) and bone-in Ribeye (Choice) both for $5.77/lb. Not the best grade, but, hard to argue with the price. This week it's Nolan Ryan Angus T-Bone for $6.77. When we eventually move back to NC, I'll definitely miss the beef prices here.

Noticeable empty spots on the shelves today.... Maybe still waiting for the truck this morning? Hopefully the JBS situation isn't a harbinger.

Hate to be a downer to the speculation but the US pork and beef markets basically didn’t notice the JBS outage.

Lean pork prices actually declined about 1% today.
    https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/commodities/he

Beef prices increased 3%, but that has a lot to do with corn prices driving inflation.

US Beef inventory in frozen storage is in okay shape. Unfortunately frozen pork and poultry is in bad shape, in large part because of the pandemic uncertainty -
    https://www.nass.usda.gov/Charts_and...rage/index.php

Name:  E4A25860-6B8C-422A-B8E0-8C8BC1BD8383.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  55.6 KB

My local meat department is getting $32.95 a pound for Filet and $29.95 for Skirt Steak, which is ridiculous. Ground chuck is $5.99 but had been as high as $7.99.

User Tag List