Thread: Burris Fastfire 3 and other red dots compatible with Fastfire mounts

Burris Fastfire 3 and other red dots compatible with Fastfire mounts

I discovered that Burris makes what appears to be a nicely low mount for a Winchester 94 AE (from what I can tell - there are hardly any pictures of the mount anywhere on the Internet). The snag is of course that since it's a Burris product, it's compatible with their Fastfire sight. I'm under the impression that this isn't the greatest red dot out there. Or is the newer model 3 (or 4, assuming it fits in the same mount) a decent choice? And if not, what would be a good Fastfire 3 mount compatible sight?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I discovered that Burris makes what appears to be a nicely low mount for a Winchester 94 AE (from what I can tell - there are hardly any pictures of the mount anywhere on the Internet). The snag is of course that since it's a Burris product, it's compatible with their Fastfire sight. I'm under the impression that this isn't the greatest red dot out there. Or is the newer model 3 (or 4, assuming it fits in the same mount) a decent choice? And if not, what would be a good Fastfire 3 mount compatible sight?
    Burris uses the Doctor/Noblex optic footprint. Other options are the Vortex Venom and Viper (NOT the Razor, that’s a C-More RTS footprint).

If it’s not on a reciprocating slide, let the budget, feature-set, and dot size guide your options based on intended use. The Viper, with a bottom-mounted battery, is the lowest-profile of the bunch, but it has a 6 MOA dot. Venom sits higher, but it doesn’t have to be removed to change the battery and is available with a 3 MOA dot.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

User Tag List