Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalashnikov Concern/Lebedev PL-15 and PLK-15

Kalashnikov Concern/Lebedev PL-15 and PLK-15

Looks awesome, like the SIG P210 and HK VP9 had a baby. Apparently it went into serial production this year after 5+ years of development. There's some more videos on Youtube, including when LAV shot it a few years ago.

If only we could get this instead of the Arsenal Strike One....

@Suvorov @YVK
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Looks awesome, like the SIG P210 and HK VP9 had a baby. Apparently it went into serial production this year after 5+ years of development. There's some more videos on Youtube, including when LAV shot it a few years ago.

If only we could get this instead of the Arsenal Strike One....

@Suvorov @YVK
    Maybe if they give Hunter Biden some crack Gropey Joe will let them into the US.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I saw the LAV video with some interest. It’s interesting to note that this gun has a manual safety. Given the predominance of Glock within Russia as well as the world I’m not sure the reason for the development of this pistol other than national pride. Maybe there is a segment of their police/military hive mind that favors manual safeties (but then again isn’t Glock available with a manual safety?), or was this pistol development for the export market?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe if they give Hunter Biden some crack Gropey Joe will let them into the US.
    One can only hope, but I think they might need to up the anti and throw in a foot job from an underaged Russian prostitute or two.

@Suvorov

I'm under the impression that the vast majority of Russian forces use domestic designs, including the more prolific gun toters. Glocks seem to be limited to some pretty specific small units with special funding, like FSB's Alpha.

"Iron Curtain" and all still applies to an extent, but when I worked there all of the Politsiya were carrying Makarovs, with OMON and SOBR carrying the MP443 Grach. I didn't see what the FSO was carrying, and it wouldn't have been a professionally good idea to inquire. I saw the finger-nail palace at Lubyanka Square from outside, didn't feel the need to become a "guest", though.

I believe they're also currently unable to import the Glock en masse, given sanctions, so that's a pretty significant reason on its own. Any Glocks in Russia are either black-market guns, or pre-date the 2015 sanctions which are still in effect.

There's another pistol that just entered production recently as well, the Udav, which is chambered for 9x21 Gyurza and looks like the HK USP and SIG P250 had an incestual child. It's supposed to finally replace the Makarov in military service and also the SR1 Gyurza pistol so they again have a common platform. Maxim Popenker feels dubious that will actually happen; probably not a bad prediction given Russia's track record with adopting replacements for the PM in the past.

I'm a sucker for this pistol, though. If they were to arrange for Tangfolio to manufacture/import them into the US, I'd probably break my rule about buying Russian or Chinese guns.

#RESIST

I would buy one if the price wasn’t too high, just to have it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Now they just need to make suppressor sights to clear that can.

Offering a new Russian pistol in a NATO caliber seems to be some sort of clue but I am not sure what it is.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Now they just need to make suppressor sights to clear that can.

Offering a new Russian pistol in a NATO caliber seems to be some sort of clue but I am not sure what it is.
    For what it's worth, they've been using 9x19 for decades at this point. The MP-443 Grach, GSh-18, and OTs-27 Berdysh have been around since approximately the new millennium, the first two only in 9mm with the last featuring 9x19 as an option. 9x19 is also a common SMG caliber, see the PP-2000 and PP-19 Vityaz (the latter being much more well known in the west).

All we need to do is get SIG to make their newish P-210 American with a double stack magazine. My understanding is that SIG did this back in the 50's but never went anywhere with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 19852+ View Post
    All we need to do is get SIG to make their newish P-210 American with a double stack magazine. My understanding is that SIG did this back in the 50's but never went anywhere with it.
    Yup! The P44/16 (Pistol model of 1944, 16 rounds). It was submitted to a few countries alongside its single stack brother the P44/8, and they all chose the latter (thus becoming the P210) as it was better suited for the bullseye/Olympic style shooting in vogue back then. What a neat pistol!

User Tag List