Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Long-term thoughts on my Langdon LTT RDO

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Interesting that they redesigned the plate. If they combine that with a slightly lower rear sight I will be buying that upgrade.

@Controlledpairs2 does the new plate have an oval shaped cutout to retain the t-nuts, or are they just unable to rotate because they are up against the side of the slide?
    They have the cutouts on the bottom to prevent the t-nut from rotating. The nuts don’t end up touching the slide once they have an optic torqued to them.

Since it uses CHPWS nuts, I wonder if CHPWS will ever make a bunch of variations of plates. A 509T plate with the rear BUIS forward of the optic would be great if it could lower the ride height of the gun for IWB/AIWB. Curious to see what the LTT 509T plate will look like when it is out.

Heads up LTT RDO fans. The 509T plates are done and for sale! https://langdontactical.com/ltt-92-r...-optic-plates/

I thought the 509t uses a pic rail mount? I’ve never handled one so maybe I’m seeing the mount wrong.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I thought the 509t uses a pic rail mount? I’ve never handled one so maybe I’m seeing the mount wrong.
    The 509 and the AC RO both use cross bolt mounts but they are not Picatinny/1913 standard mounts.

I have the 509t plate on the way and will post update when I have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 509 and the AC RO both use cross bolt mounts but they are not Picatinny/1913 standard mounts.
    Thanks, for some reason I was thinking the Acro screwed down from the top.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  20211224_202509.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  36.9 KBName:  20211224_202827.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  13.9 KB

Whenever I am about to permanently switch to Glocks, something always brings me back to the B92. Removed the old RMR plate and degreased the holes and new screws. Loctite 248 on the new screws. 10 in-lb torque on the screws per the instructions, probably because of the aluminum Chip Wiz style plate. I think CHPWS had a video for their Glock 509T plates that recommended only 15 in-lb torque on the optic clamp screw, so that's what I used. The Holosun instructions recommended 20 in-lbs, but maybe they are assuming their steel plate or direct slide mill.

They included torx plus bit to use, but I think the plate to slide screws are regular torx. I noticed their RMR optic to plate screws are torx plus, so they probably just included the same bit.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 12-24-2021 at 11:52 PM.

My interest in the LTT Elite is what drew me to P-F. You guys have the most extensive and salient discussions regarding this pistol, plus direct input from LTT himself.

I became interested in Berettas last summer after squadding with a guy shooting one in Production, and the LTT seemed to be a natural choice for me over the other models. FWIW, I’m coming from CZ Shadow 2 (both in Prod and CO) and while I really like my Czech guns I probably wouldn’t carry or use one as a HD pistol. But the LTT Elite I can see being a do-all pistol.

I’m at the age where my close-up eyesight sucks, so I sent my LTT slide in for RDO conversion. Got it back right before Xmas, mounted a RMR on it, and shot a match yesterday. Gun and dot ran just fine, I’m just working on getting used to a gun that weighs 1/2 lb lighter and a trigger pulls almost 2X’s heavier than what I am used to. When I mounted the RMR my first thought was “wow the BUIS takes up a lot of the RMR’s window” but once I started shooting I don’t think noticed them. All in all, very pleased with the RDO and LTT Elite.

You guys are a bunch of enablers, but happy to be here.

User Tag List