Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Long-term thoughts on my Langdon LTT RDO

Site Supporter
    I'm waiting for my PX4 slide to come back from LTT so I can install the Holosun 507c I've bought and slip it in the JMCK IWB3 I have waiting for it...and in the meantime have reverted to carrying the 3" M10 that I had parkerized. And I have two other PX4s. I'm going forward and backward at the same time.

My eyes are strange; my left eye is 20/20 and my right/dominant eye is about 20/300. With glasses, I can see the front sight clearly with either eye, without glasses I can see it blurry but useable with either eye. I have no problem keeping rounds in the -0 of an IDPA target at 25 yards shooting DA. Right now, I don't need an RDO, but at 69 those days are probably numbered and I want to be ready when I do need one.

Name:  256804762_10105627066895053_8839134055562159655_n.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  54.3 KB

I've been getting bored with polymers lately. Sometimes, the "passion of the gun" is what it takes to break out of stagnation.

So it seems most of the concerns with the RDOs are because the use of vc-3. A stronger thread locker seems like a must.

It seems like theses LTT Elites shine with an optic. The mechanical accuracy and the triggers on these worked over 92s make me want to send in my slide.

I wish Langdon Tactical had a few more options for BUIS as well but seems like a well throughout and engineered solution.

I had a plate issue - at around 900-1000 rounds my right screw (407c) loosened. When I removed the optic, I realized the right post had sheared off.
    Name:  IMG_6583.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  50.5 KBName:  IMG_6585.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  26.7 KB

LTT sent me a new plate and hardware - new screws were important because I want to use new screws every time I mount/remount. There seems to be a new design in the plate, t-nut posts instead of integrated posts.
    Name:  IMG_6637.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  39.0 KB

I mounted the plate and 407c back on as per LTT instructions to 10 in lbs but using SoCalDep's mounting recommendations.
    Name:  IMG_6639.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  31.8 KBName:  IMG_6640.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  28.3 KBName:  IMG_6641.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  29.4 KB

I'll try to keep you all posted.

I forgot to mention that the plate fit tightly into the pocket even before attempting to screw it down. I think that is going to be very helpful in the longevity of the plate to slide bond.

What holsters are you guys using to AIWB these? I just got an LTT RDO Centurion and trying the JMCK AIWB holster for it. I noticed the ride height has to be set higher than I'm used to because the optic sits more forward needing more clearance from the belt. Put the king size crotch pillow on it which seems to tilt it enough but I didn't know if you guys had any other tips.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    What holsters are you guys using to AIWB these? I just got an LTT RDO Centurion and trying the JMCK AIWB holster for it. I noticed the ride height has to be set higher than I'm used to because the optic sits more forward needing more clearance from the belt. Put the king size crotch pillow on it which seems to tilt it enough but I didn't know if you guys had any other tips.
    I had the same issue and decided to take the clips off my JMCK AIWB and use the Enigma. I wanted to make the SRO work and I am happy with how I can tailor the entire placement regardless of where the belt line may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    I had the same issue and decided to take the clips off my JMCK AIWB and use the Enigma. I wanted to make the SRO work and I am happy with how I can tailor the entire placement regardless of where the belt line may be.
    I see that this Enigma rig has its own long thread so I better read that later, but at first glance it looked really odd. When I saw it a while back I assumed it was mostly for people who usually wear athletic wear but it sounds like it has other uses too.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I see that this Enigma rig has its own long thread so I better read that later, but at first glance it looked really odd. When I saw it a while back I assumed it was mostly for people who usually wear athletic wear but it sounds like it has other uses too.
    I also thought the Enigma was for athletic wear, but I had a few friends show me theirs and now I have stopped using a belt based holster for carry. With the Enigma, I can place the gun in a position independent of whatever pants and belt I happen to be wearing.

However, if I am at the range and I plan on doing a lot of draws, I tend to go back to a gun belt and DCC clip holster since I don't have to reposition my Enigma as often. It's pretty stable, but when I get to the 20th draw the Enigma isn't where it first started, but this could just be me.

I got one Enigma and now I have 4 of them. I don't think I can go back.

Interesting that they redesigned the plate. If they combine that with a slightly lower rear sight I will be buying that upgrade.

@Controlledpairs2 does the new plate have an oval shaped cutout to retain the t-nuts, or are they just unable to rotate because they are up against the side of the slide?

User Tag List