Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Long-term thoughts on my Langdon LTT RDO

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Cheap way to see your front sight:
    Elvex RX-500C Full Magnifying Lens Safety Glasses with Diopter

https://www.fullsource.com/elvex-rx-...SABEgJpE_D_BwE
    I have been using those for about four years now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Cheap way to see your front sight:
    Elvex RX-500C Full Magnifying Lens Safety Glasses with Diopter

https://www.fullsource.com/elvex-rx-...SABEgJpE_D_BwE
    For the range maybe. I have RX glasses but in the words of the great philosopher Mike Tyson - “Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face.”

When the option first came out.... I was about to hit the buy it now button.

I decided to wait.... and have been dragging my feet. I want to wait to see what the future holds as far as optic options.

maybe its just me.... I dont like the height of the optic compared to bore height and the huge (tall sights)

I almost did the same for my 1911 Operator and everything I looked at... did not care for optic/sight height or the trijicon 3 dot set up.

if the optic body had a short integral rear sight and a matching height front sight.... maybe it would interest me.

Call me old fashion with aging eyes.... just hanging with irons for now.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Look at the chambers custom plate for 1911s. Probably the best one out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    When the option first came out.... I was about to hit the buy it now button.

I decided to wait.... and have been dragging my feet. I want to wait to see what the future holds as far as optic options.

maybe its just me.... I dont like the height of the optic compared to bore height and the huge (tall sights)

I almost did the same for my 1911 Operator and everything I looked at... did not care for optic/sight height or the trijicon 3 dot set up.

if the optic body had a short integral rear sight and a matching height front sight.... maybe it would interest me.

Call me old fashion with aging eyes.... just hanging with irons for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    Look at the chambers custom plate for 1911s. Probably the best one out there right now.
    thanks. I have.... it wont fit in a level three Safariland duty holster.

thats my other dilemma with RDS with LTT or 1911. Dept regs are Level 3

We are heavy into Safariland holsters... not sure I want to venture into anything else due to the practice with 6360/7360.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You are way off base here.

- SIG / Big Green defaulted to the Leupold Delta Point pro (DPP) footprint via the MHS, not the RMR. Of course the latest SIG optics (Romeo1Pro) has a DPP-ish footprint that is not 100% compatible with the DPP footprint and USSOCOM are using the RMR on Glock MOS pistols so clear as mud.

- The future of duty optics is closed emitter systems, which are not compatible with the common open emitter footprints due to their top mounted screws. Right now the two closed emitter footprints are the ACRO and Holosun 509. It's unknown what footprint SIG will use for the Romeo2 closed emitter optic. However, the closed emitter footprints could be used for open emitter sights - hence why long term the closed emitter footprints are the most likely contenders for "the standard."
    Wow - I really did remember a lot of things wrong.
    Sorry to contribute nothing but derp to this thread...

Thanks for clarifying how uncertain the future “standard” is at this point.

My experiences have been very similar to the OP. I have a full size 92 RDO for USPSA and I have lost zero on it on three separate occasions after only a few hundred rounds. Twice with the optic screws backing out and once with the mounting plate screws backing out. All these instances happened when I was using Vibra-Tite VC-3 at the recommended 12in/lbs of torque. I got on here and started reading up on thread locking products and ended up buying some Loctite 248. I unmounting everything including the optic plate and did a thorough cleaning with rubbing alcohol. Then, after waiting a day for everything to dry, I remounted with 248 and then a 24hr curing period. So far so good after about 300 rounds of minor PF ammo but I need a few more matches to be more sure. My experiences have led me to conclude that Vibra-Tite is not optimal for optics on reciprocating slides. But I'm still new to the red dot game.
    Lacking Gravitas

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Can you still see irons well ?

At some point irons will let go of you.....
    Clear as a whistle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Clear as a whistle.
    Then you may benefit less from a red dot then those whom father time has already caught up with.

For myself, even the red starburst I see without my old man glasses is more precise than a .140 front sight and easier to use with a target focus.

My LTT RDO experience with Vibra-Tite VC-3 was also negative - the RMR came loose on two separate occasions, as did the mounting plate.

I ended up buying a non-RDO LTT and its FO front sight is excellent to the point that I am not sure a dot on a 92 is worth the effort.

Everything else about the full LTT treatment is just awesome.

User Tag List