Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pachmayr converted Model 14?

If you don't want to buy it, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

That sure looks like it. If it was in that shop Bolke is known to frequent, that's it.
    Same shop, same gun.

awp_101 and I just swapped PM's, and he gave me the all-clear. I'll call Jackson tomorrow and give them my credit card.

Again. LOL.

I do have an Aimpoint P-1 and an Aimpoint Pro - I'm going to try those and see how they do.

My local club does Bullseye matches about once a month, that should be a fun gun!

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Same shop, same gun.
    OK, fun story time. The youngest boy turns 30 next week and my DiL gave him a generous budget for a milestone birthday gun. Since neither of us had ever been there before we went last Saturday to check it out. He was debating between a Trooper MKIII and a 3-5-7 and while a couple of the guys in the store were educating him on the differences I heard a familiar voice from someone who'd just walked in. It took about a half second for me to realize I'd heard that voice on podcasts then I remembered he'd mentioned this place several times. I looked around and as casually as I could walked over and asked, "Would you happen to be Mr Bolke?". In the car on the way home, The Boy and my DiL said I went a little fan girlish after that...

And FWIW he left with the 3-5-7.
    Last edited by awp_101; 05-16-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    OK, fun story time. The youngest boy turns 30 next week and my DiL gave him a generous budget for a milestone birthday gun. Since neither of us had ever been there before we went last Saturday to check it out. He was debating between a Trooper MKIII and a 3-5-7 and while a couple of the guys in the store were educating him on the differences I heard a familiar voice from someone who'd just walked in. It took about a half second for me to realize I'd heard that voice on podcasts then I remembered he'd mentioned this place several times. I looked around and as casually as I could walked over and asked, "Would you happen to be Mr Bolke?". In the car on the way home, The Boy and my DiL said I went a little fan girlish after that...

And FWIW he left with the 3-5-7.
    I am surprised he didn't ask "Why, you got a warrant?"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am surprised he didn't ask "Why, you got a warrant?"

It did occur to me that essentially doing a "cold call" on a retired LEO and addressing him by name might not be the smartest thing I've ever done. I did the same thing to one of my Drill Sergeants from Ft Sill when I ran into him in the PX at Ft Campbell a couple of years later and definitely got looked at hard until he remembered me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List