Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the 1911 industry?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Hell yeah, then I could carry a compact 9mm 1911 like all the real opr8ers.
    FWIW, I carried mine in plainclothes— lightweight commanders are one of the best plainclothes guns ever.

And I’ve had 9, not 7. Forgot the two steel-framed guns. Five were off the shelf, four were spec’d out.

Hopefully you have better luck with AgCats and Thrushes than you do 1911’s.

As long as it has a PT-6 on it I’ll ride.

Me and piston engines make me and 9mm 1911s look like best friends!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Not even...?

Attachment 71829
    Did Geraldo explain what the hell he was thinking when he did that two-hour show about opening Al Capone's vault?

I watched it in a bar. When Geraldo shot a Thompson, some guy in the bar yelled 'Watch out, they gave that [racial slur] a machine gun!"
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

So the big brand poly guns are starting to show up in more numbers, I'm seeing Glocks and M&Ps staying in stock(at MSRP), so I'm wondering when the supply in the 1911 industry will catch up.

Local LGS always had an entire counter dedicated just to 1911s, but last stop in, just one lonely Colt Competition 9mm , and a used Nighthawk something.
    Plastic fantastics were at near pre-crazy stocks, as long as you wanted a 9mm.
    I'm just wondering if the demand is staying higher on 1911s, or if the manufacturer's just haven't caught up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    So the big brand poly guns are starting to show up in more numbers, I'm seeing Glocks and M&Ps staying in stock(at MSRP), so I'm wondering when the supply in the 1911 industry will catch up.

Local LGS always had an entire counter dedicated just to 1911s, but last stop in, just one lonely Colt Competition 9mm , and a used Nighthawk something.
    Plastic fantastics were at near pre-crazy stocks, as long as you wanted a 9mm.
    I'm just wondering if the demand is staying higher on 1911s, or if the manufacturer's just haven't caught up yet.
    So many variables there. I stepped into a local gun store the other day. They had very slim pickings to say the least. Probably sitting at 60-70% less stock than before the Wuhu Virus reared its ugly head.

While not scientific, capacity would be a factor in certain states. 10 round limited states have seen an increase in 1911 usage. When the playing field is 10 in the mag and 1 in the chamber, why carry a 9MM? That thought process was already ongoing for several years. Multiple personal carry and private security types switched from G17s to 1911s from different manufacturers. A fear of that becoming more the "norm" during the current administration may be driving increased sales.

The Dan Wesson PM-9 and 45 are marketed: "The Pointman shines at both the range and in competition." What's unique about the Dan Wesson Pointman series that makes it a competition/range gun.

The most significant difference I see is an adjustable rear sight and and FO front. Is there something that makes it inappropriate for duty or carry/duty?
    David S.

Other than what you mentioned when comparing to the heritage, it also has front cocking serrations, a more polished grip safety, and an uglier trigger.

I'll be honest, the perfect Dan Wesson for me would be the Valor with standard grip pushings, a more traditional-looking trigger, and a single-sided safety. Maybe I should just get one and have a good smith fit a trigger... I think I'm down to getting a .45 Dan Wesson or Staccato at this point. I handled a Wilson EDC X9L at a store today. If it was the same price as a Staccato, it might also be in the running. But, for the life of me, I don't see a quality difference in fit, finish, the trigger of the Wilson over either the Dan Wesson or Staccato to justify the extra change (maybe it's the only way to get a 1911 trigger in a reliable 9mm...).

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The Dan Wesson PM-9 and 45 are marketed: "The Pointman shines at both the range and in competition." What's unique about the Dan Wesson Pointman series that makes it a competition/range gun.

The most significant difference I see is an adjustable rear sight and and FO front. Is there something that makes it inappropriate for duty or carry/duty?

Sorry had a duplicate post...
    Last edited by CLaw; 06-06-2021 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

Rock River Arms steel frame guns?

I am a happy RRA Poly owner and very impressed with those guns. I am seeing a trickle of their steel frame guns start to show up in a LGS. Prices are comparable to the Dan Wesson guns in the current market.

Just curious if anybody has recent experience with one of their current production steel frame versions?

I’m really stoked to see RRA back in the 1911 game! I thought they had bailed out in favor of ARs. Anyone know when they got back in?

Iirc the original founders were former Les Baer gunsmiths?

Great to see that they appear to have pretty much resurrected all of their old models.
    https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....category_ID=24
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List