Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the 1911 industry?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Interestingly I just spent one day of a 5 day class shooting a steel commander (45) and four with a CCO. I would not say the recoil difference was substantial. I am 50 but do not have arthritis yet.
    That’s surprising

What companies generally produce guns that are deburred from the factory? IE, least likely to have sharp edges on the main controls like safety and grip safety?
    And which ones have the reputation of being Gillette razor sharp?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    That’s surprising
    Yes, I’m really due for arthritis.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Id rather have this.

4.25” with a bushing.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/vigil-cco/
    Yes. I’d also prefer its 25lpi to my 2015 CCO’s golf ball treatment.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Yes. I’d also prefer its 25lpi to my 2015 CCO’s golf ball treatment.
    When I had DW build me a custom CCO, I had them do it with 25lpi checkering (this was before the Vigil was an option). I was never a fan of the chain link pattern they used on the old CCO.

Haha I meant that the lw had no more recoil.

I sure hope not.

I switched from the great 45 to the 9mm in 95% of my pistols because of the pain in my hands the next day.
    9 milli in the 1911 platform is really a soft shooter. Add the dual recoil spring setup, and it's win-win.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I sure hope not.

I switched from the great 45 to the 9mm in 95% of my pistols because of the pain in my hands the next day.
    9 milli in the 1911 platform is really a soft shooter. Add the dual recoil spring setup, and it's win-win.
    Even 10+ years ago when I was into 1911s I started loading 200 grain LSWC because (a) I love what a LSWC does to a cardboard IDPA or USPSA target and (b) I was loading them to just break power factor to keep the recoil as soft as possible. Once I did the latter it was much, much, better for my damaged right arm.

The I found someone that would load them my way for me and I got out of the reloading game altogether.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My years of 45 beat the hell outta my right hand.

I had a few aluminum framed guns and I always thought the aluminum damped recoil better than the steel.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Even 10+ years ago when I was into 1911s I started loading 200 grain LSWC because (a) I love what a LSWC does to a cardboard IDPA or USPSA target and (b) I was loading them to just break power factor to keep the recoil as soft as possible. Once I did the latter it was much, much, better for my damaged right arm.

The I found someone that would load them my way for me and I got out of the reloading game altogether.
    I think Wilson sells them as loaded ammo.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List