Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the 1911 industry?

X9 front sight attachment system is perfect. And the mags are perfect too. I would have loved the x9 with traditional checkering, and traditional slide serrations.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I live in a hi-cap ban state. So the "wondernines" (to use an old term) have no benefit for me. A LW Commander in .45 or HK 45C is probably as good as it's going to get.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I live in a hi-cap ban state. So the "wondernines" (to use an old term) have no benefit for me. A LW Commander in .45 or HK 45C is probably as good as it's going to get.
    I feel ya. Same here.

Site Supporter
    Did Colt ever make a lightweight full size series 80? Even in the lightweight configuration, is the 5 inch still preferred?

They have the lightweight commander.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Did Colt ever make a lightweight full size series 80? Even in the lightweight configuration, is the 5 inch still preferred?

What you described is my current carry gun. Haven't fully transitioned to Glocks yet. The Lightweight Government is great because the alloy frame really makes a difference in the weight but it still shoots like a full size 1911 should.

Name:  carry_rig.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  35.9 KB
    Last edited by Robinson; 05-17-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Did Colt ever make a lightweight full size series 80? .
    Yep in the XSE's they did, CDNN was even closing them out a few years back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    What you described is my current carry gun. Haven't fully transitioned to Glocks yet. The Lightweight Government is great because the alloy frame really makes a difference in the weight but it still shoots like a full size 1911 should.

Name:  carry_rig.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  35.9 KB

See something like this would be up my alley, and is one of the few things that would make AIWB on option for me.
    Yet I’m paranoid that it will be beyond unreliable and I’m an idiot for not just going Glock.

Yes, it was called the "Colt Lightweight Government." The SKU was O1880XSE. They stopped when they modernized their production method to CNC a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by krav51 View Post
    Although technically it's a 1911 derivative, Wilson finally produced the 1911 I've always wanted. And I think more manufacturers will follow suit. I started carrying Glocks even though I never shot them quite as well as my 1911's because until the EDC 9 no one made one with the features I wanted . Reliability in 9mm,high capacity, no grip safety,great 1911 trigger, reasonable weight for carry,and red dot ready from the factory.Plus it feels better in my hand than any 2011 ever has.I think you'll see a lot of manufacturers going in this direction.
    I assume you mean EDC X9, not EDC 9, in which case I feel exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I assume you mean EDC X9, not EDC 9, in which case I feel exactly the same.
    Yes,EDC x9.Thanks

User Tag List