Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Current state of the 1911 industry?

Bump to get more info on Fusion if anyone has anything. Every now and then I run across one that tempts me but the stories of spotty QA but generally great CS leave me confused and hesitant.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I contacted Fusion about the hammer follow issue and they sent a UPS pick up label out to me, the gun is on the way to them. Very pleased with their response so far.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Bump to get more info on Fusion if anyone has anything. Every now and then I run across one that tempts me but the stories of spotty QA but generally great CS leave me confused and hesitant.
    My Reaction 38 Super has now fired over a thousand rounds and has yet to malfunction. I feel the same way about it as what I expressed in my previous post.

My wife and I bought Springer 9mm 1911s several years ago for steel challenge competition. Changes consisted of tool steel ignition parts for 3lb triggers and non-ambi safeties. Practice plus matches back in CA were easily 40K rounds/year/gun and I'm still shooting the same gun in Idaho. Let's say I've got 100K rounds. The only "failures" in either gun were a cracked firing pin stop and a broken firing pin spring. The TPW is the same today as when the parts were installed. I don't know how accurate the gun is, but at 75 y/o it's more accurate than my software for steel challenge.

Recently bought a Staccato C for carry. This is a sweet gun: accurate, low recoil, easy to conceal. I'm going to use the Tripp 9-round officer mags for carry since this extends the front strap just enough so I don't even notice the grip length.

Ancient technology, but still in the mix.

User Tag List