Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bottom-Feeding .32 Popguns

Site Supporter
    Spring and other parts availability is also a big deterrent for me. These days I am mostly out of the shooting and collecting game so I actively working to cull my collection to a small number of self defense, target and hunting guns. That said I had a .380 HSc 30 years ago and it was a nice little gun. There is no denying the utility of modern pistols but there is an intangible to things like the HSc, the Beretta 1951, and some of the other weapons of yesteryear.

Head shots at 45 yards with a P32? Buffalo's Outdoors knows his limitations
    https://youtu.be/zG1a-bF58ls

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
    Head shots at 45 yards with a P32? Buffalo's Outdoors knows his limitations
    https://youtu.be/zG1a-bF58ls
    Wow! That was some impressive shooting with the little Keltec P32!!! Also showed why Hollow Points are not a good option in a .32ACP, because of rim lock. I would stick to FMJ in one.

I watched Buffalo's second video on the keltec P32 and he did a great job of explaining rim lock. Well worth the watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWFMIOwi4HY

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Wow! That was some impressive shooting with the little Keltec P32!!! Also showed why Hollow Points are not a good option in a .32ACP, because of rim lock. I would stick to FMJ in one.
    FWIW, rimlock wise it's generally less about hollow points versus FMJ than cartridge OAL. Granted most hollow points tend to be shorter but some FMJ's are short as well while some hollow points are long enough to be usable without rimlock.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

I picked up a lightly used Gen 1 P32 for $200 the other day. It came with a single factory (MecGar) 10rd magazine and I snagged a pair of 7rd mags NIP at a shop.

I looked online and I can find ammo for a decent price, in fact I planned to buy a few boxes of of EuroDisney FMJs to what this gun likes/hates. I guess I can mark one brand off my list; Geco. This gun choked all through a 50rd box. FTF was most common, with a pair of FTEs thrown in.

I suppose I ought to follow my rule; when I buy a used gun, change ALL the springs... Springs are cheap, Brian. Change the recoil and mag spring, dummy. I was actually excited about this lil heater. Still am.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I picked up a lightly used Gen 1 P32 for $200 the other day. It came with a single factory (MecGar) 10rd magazine and I snagged a pair of 7rd mags NIP at a shop.

I looked online and I can find ammo for a decent price, in fact I planned to buy a few boxes of of EuroDisney FMJs to what this gun likes/hates. I guess I can mark one brand off my list; Geco. This gun choked all through a 50rd box. FTF was most common, with a pair of FTEs thrown in.

I suppose I ought to follow my rule; when I buy a used gun, change ALL the springs... Springs are cheap, Brian. Change the recoil and mag spring, dummy. I was actually excited about this lil heater. Still am.
    Try Wolff 11 lb. recoil springs and 10% extra power magazine springs. The heavier recoil springs are the most important change.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List