Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 "Popguns"

@Outpost75

What a great thread, thank you!

I like bottleneck pistol cartridges so the 32-20 fascinates me, particularly how it gets chambered in service size and quality guns up to WW2 when apparently the war killed new guns in that chambering. I think Covid did in the ammo supply, I can’t find it anywhere.

I found this 32 for sale a few years ago offered by a dealer in TX for cheap.

31-1 S&W 32 Long made sometime in the 60's. I purchased some brass from Starline and reload for it. Great little plinker and tin can killer..
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Every once in a while you see a thread like this and think "ah, culture."

Ctrl+F "Robert Johnson"

*sigh*

Philistines.

A .32-30 hand ejector is on my list. Just cuz.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    @Outpost75

I like bottleneck pistol cartridges so the 32-20 fascinates me, particularly how it gets chambered in service size and quality guns up to WW2 when apparently the war killed new guns in that chambering. I think Covid did in the ammo supply, I can’t find it anywhere.
    Wow, you’re right. I’m surprised that not even the usual sources for cowboy stuff have any in stock.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    I have long admired the 32 WCF (original designation) and would like to have a single action revolver so chambered, before I go to meet Jesus. (smile)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 42Willys View Post
    @Outpost75

If you reload it might be just as bleak. Starline isn't producing any brass presently. I did a quick search on Ammo Seek and didn't find any there either. Starline says you can make it by reforming other brass. I think they test the water with the backorder status and when they get enough orders they make some. Apparently they don't plan on making any for awhile or might have discontinued it altogether.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

@Borderland

Agreed. I think I found some Starline brass in stock in the last couple weeks but can’t find any right now. And it’s possible I wasn’t paying attention and the site I saw was also out of stock already. My reloading skills are not great and reforming cases intend for other cartridges isn’t going to happen.

The lack of ammunition and brass is a real a shame as the 32-20s are neat and can be affordable rotators.

Covid killed a lot more than humans, it has pushed several obsolete cartridges to the brink of extinction.

Search on Gunbroker shows once-fired mixed headstamp brass going for a buck each. New Starline is more.

Factory ammo is over $100 per box starting bids. Sky is the limit.

User Tag List