Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: EDC/light hiking Shoes for duck feet

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post

Eh, take my input with a grain of salt. Lone Peaks are designed more for trail running, whereas 95% of my usage was on concrete. This will be my 3rd pair I've worn smooth before 300 miles.
    Lone Peaks are like a quality mud terrain tire. Specialized and really good at what they are designed for but if you run them on the road a lot they will wear out quickly.
    I actually think that the majority of Altra's line is pretty specialized and one should expect to replace them regularly if used daily. I'm sure they offer some general purpose model that is comparable to other brands, but I have not seen it. I've also not looked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    You sure?

Those will probably be the next pair of LPs I buy. I currently have the blue color they offer but a friend has the Lime colored ones pictured and it's a good looking shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    No good. Ankle too hard. Rubbed weird. Sending back. Try again.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Xero HFS are like mat shoes. Not what I’m looking for, but very nice fit.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Did we talk about Astral yet?

What about Lems?

Both give me pause as they appear that they could be “minimalist” shoes which isn’t what I want.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Did we talk about Astral yet?

What about Lems?

Both give me pause as they appear that they could be “minimalist” shoes which isn’t what I want.
    I have had the Lems boulder boots and the primal 2. The primal 2 is a very minimalist shoe. I like it a lot, but if you don't want minimalist it probably isn't for you.

And the winner is...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Inbound from Zappos:

• Merrell Bare Access XTR: weird fit, tight spots in the forefoot, obviously lower quality.
    • Altra Escalante 2.5. Felt great the moment I put them on. Very comfortable. Good lateral stability. These are keepers!
    • Xero HFS: basically like mat shoes. Not what I’m looking for, but very nice fit.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    ECVMatt (OP of the thread)

What did you end up buying and how are they working out?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Well I kind of got side tracked. I have a son with some pretty serious medical issues and we have spend the last month and a half in the hospital. It definitely has given me some time to catch up on reading just about every thread on PF. I did enjoy posting about the RC Lictor....

I am back to my Danner boots for the time being until I can get some confirmed outdoors time scheduled.

I have also spent lots of time kicking around the internet and still can't really find what I need. I find it hard to believe that there are so few 4E + shoe/boot consumer that it is a niche market but it appears so.

I will post an update when I finally decide and try out a pair. Us wide-footed folks need some love in the sport/trail shoe/low-cut boot department!

Site Supporter
    I am prayerful for your son's recovery. I will ask my twins to be prayerful as well as they were the recipients of so many prayers when they were preemies.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List