Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Little Girl is Awesome!

This Little Girl is Awesome!

Fun video.

Could use a little more safety training. She's a little too relaxed in her gun handling for my taste.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Fun video.

Could use a little more safety training. She's a little too relaxed in her gun handling for my taste.

Everything about this is cool - except for what SecondsCount posted.

I agree - she is way too casual with the gun.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

*shrugs* Her gun handling is as casual as the average "ahz been shootin for fitty years" fudd. At least she didn't level the muzzle, look down at the dot, and spin around 360 degrees to see if it was on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Fun video.

+1

2 minutes in, and I’d already cringed at least 3 time on muzzle control and being completely comfortable pointing the muzzle up range.
    I couldn’t watch any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    *shrugs* Her gun handling is as casual as the average "ahz been shootin for fitty years" fudd. At least she didn't level the muzzle, look down at the dot, and spin around 360 degrees to see if it was on.
    Yup. I’ve seen worse, and I think some people (myself included) are judging her based on being 7-8 years old.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/fBK69ZsVodAdx4gB9

I WISH THAT DAMN GIF WORKED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!
    Last edited by FrankB; 05-14-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    +1

2 minutes in, and I’d already cringed at least 3 time on muzzle control and being completely comfortable pointing the muzzle up range.
    I couldn’t watch any more.
    I had to turn it off after the slow-mo intro when I saw the muzzle go vertical with her jacked up grip because the gun is too big for her. I couldn’t help but imagine her laying on the ground with a gsw to the head. She’s just skating on the line of accidentally shooting herself in the face if she looses control during recoil and the gun comes back too far. And yes, this is a thing and the last fatality that occurred was when some dumbass gave his tiny girlfriend a .500 S&W to shoot as a “joke”.

I’m down with kids learning to shoot, but size appropriate guns they can use safely are out there. Plus, turning your kid into click bait at that age is kinda cringy, or maybe I just value privacy more than most folks.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    I think there is a dad way too far down the tactical rabbit hole here. Seems like one of those weird kid pageant that creepers sit in the front row and video but with guns.

I could only get 1:45 in.

But I do think people should roll how they want to roll.

With a title like that, I was really hoping for something uplifting or entertaining, but I got to 58 seconds before I'd seen enough.

I like to see kids learn to shoot, but for crying out loud give her gun that fits her hand before there's a Negative Outcome. And yeah, the whole concept of putting my kid front and center on the web doesn't resonate with me.

ETA: I was recently rereading my notes from a Panone class, and one of Mike's comments seems apropos. "The handgun is a tool designed to extinguish human life. Treat it accordingly."
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-14-2021 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I had to turn it off after the slow-mo intro when I saw the muzzle go vertical with her jacked up grip because the gun is too big for her. I couldn’t help but imagine her laying on the ground with a gsw to the head. She’s just skating on the line of accidentally shooting herself in the face if she looses control during recoil and the gun comes back too far. And yes, this is a thing and the last fatality that occurred was when some dumbass gave his tiny girlfriend a .500 S&W to shoot as a “joke”.

I’m down with kids learning to shoot, but size appropriate guns they can use safely are out there. Plus, turning your kid into click bait at that age is kinda cringy, or maybe I just value privacy more than most folks.
    We had one at our range about 10 years ago. 13 year old gets handed a 1911 with a "target" trigger. Proceeds to let the gun free recoil, even after his father was warned not to let him do it. He ended up putting one through his chin and it came out under his ear, blowing off his headset. Lucky for him the paramedics were 2 minutes away.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List