Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Little Girl is Awesome!

Site Supporter

This Little Girl is Awesome!

I am also fully on board with kids learning how to shoot, and started teaching my daughter at age 10. However, I would’ve never accepted that type of lax, unsafe gun handling from her, or from myself. In addition to the observations above, watching her rack the slide with her hand right at the muzzle end of the gun is an almost perfect example of why I do not like forward slide serrations.

The girl herself had many impressive characteristics, and I doubt her safety would be an issue if she was being given proper instruction.

I also question having her shoot a gun that requires two fingers to pull the trigger. Numerous concerns about recoil control were expressed above, and having both the index and middle finger on the trigger could not have helped. If that is absolutely necessary, I do know of one shooter that uses both index fingers while using a 2 hand grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Jeff Cooper used to pull back his 1911 slide from the recoil spring plug. I tried that once with a triple check for empty 1911. Even if the bullet didn’t hit a finger, the muzzle blast would do some damage.

Quick Safety Story: I know a former policeman, and NRA instructor. He/she had Kydex holster in their hand, with their off hand at the muzzle end of the holster. The striker fired pistol was thought to be unloaded, and it fired as it was pushed in. The person’s finger was grazed, but it still required a few surgeries to get the bone set straight. I NEVER hold a holster that way now.

That girl and her father gave me the creeps...

I would run away from that range, fighting the urge to punch the father in the face.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Yup. I’ve seen worse, and I think some people (myself included) are judging her based on being 7-8 years old.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/fBK69ZsVodAdx4gB9

I WISH THAT DAMN GIF WORKED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT!
    You need to embed it as an image, not a video...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Years ago, some geniuses gave an about 10 year old boy a 454 Casull to shoot. Think it was in Bastrop, TX. The gun barrel recoiled and smacked the boy in the head and killed him. Macho men and kids with guns is a bad combo.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Quick Safety Story: I know a former policeman, and NRA instructor. He/she had Kydex holster in their hand, with their off hand at the muzzle end of the holster. The striker fired pistol was thought to be unloaded, and it fired as it was pushed in.
    Legit question. Are you trolling the forum or do you really not know, understand and/or comprehend the application of the fundamental rules of gun safety? If the former, I will go back to minding my own business and we can agree to disagree as I admittedly just don't get that kind of humor while at the same time admittedly have a sick sense of humor and am in no position to judge others. If the latter, which would also explain the continued defense of these videos which propagate poor range practices, as many have already mentioned, because they too violate the basic safety rules of always treating guns like they are loaded and not pointing the muzzle at something you are not willing to destroy, it would be a good idea to get up to speed on these concepts. I agree that that mentoring shooting to the next generations is important, however, establishing a foundation of safe gun handling has to be the first step. I just don't see that here.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    That girl and her father gave me the creeps...

I would run away from that range, fighting the urge to punch the father in the face.
    Not nearly as creepy as Danny D' Angelo

User Tag List