Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

Site Supporter
    Our admin sent an email this afternoon saying that the mask policy from March of last year was still in effect. Since vaccination, I have not worried with the mask much as long as I stay on my hallway. If I need to go far from my office/lab, I still mask up. The CDCs announcement won't change anything for me, at least not at work.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Our admin sent an email this afternoon saying that the mask policy from March of last year was still in effect. Since vaccination, I have not worried with the mask much as long as I stay on my hallway. If I need to go far from my office/lab, I still mask up. The CDCs announcement won't change anything for me, at least not at work.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    District policy here continues with mandatory masks till the end of the year. Policy will be revisited over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    District policy here continues with mandatory masks till the end of the year. Policy will be revisited over the summer.
    Same on my end.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It's simply to get a few more percentage points to get up and get vaccinated. We'll see if it works. Honestly, there are plenty of people that aren't interested in a vaccine if they still have to go through the entire COVID avoidance dance afterwards.
    I read last week that part of vaccine hesitancy is "what's in it for me?"

My concern is that we're not going to get anywhere near herd immunity, which means that mutations occur and it takes time and cases before we know if the vaccines are effective against them. Even if the vax does work for mutations, it's getting less effective over time. So it seems to my non-expert self that it's relatively safe right now, but probably won't be in the future. If everything continues to stay cool until Christmas, I'll be glad to have been proven wrong.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Same. It's a bit of a kabuki theater here.

I'm rotating at the childrens hospital now and we have to wear face shields into every patient room. Naturally the one I got is not perfectly transparent, sort of like looking through the bottom of a tupperware container. Would be love to be rid of that.
    How often do you change those? Clean and re-use?

PM inbound.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Gee Biden. Thanks for your permission.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I thought that was "cake"?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    There will be.....only Marilyn Manson style..."white trash get down on you're knees, it's time for cake and sodomy"....

Double tap, site's been weird.

I'm keeping my mask policy at my office while I try to figure out what to do. Things for me to mull over:

1) Not all of my staff are vaccinated. I cannot force them to get vaccinated.
    2) Since the mask/cleaning policy, none of them have called in sick (yay!) the whole year. Prior to the pandemic, they were out a lot for the flu and cold.
    3) There are worker's comp considerations to be addressed. If they get persistent ailments from a COVID infection that puts them out of work, it could be a worker's comp situation. I got COVID in December and I was out of work for 2 weeks!
    4) In Maricopa County, the vaccination rate is only about 29%. Far from herd immunity.

User Tag List