Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    IMO there is never going to be a 100% answer to this (and the lack of 100% black and white answers is hanging up many people on both sides). My recollection is you are 10 times or so less likely to contract the virus once you have been vaccinated, and for the few who do get the disease they shed say only 10% of the virus that they would have otherwise. So there is going to be maybe 1% of the virus floating around than before, but leaping from there to “a severely immunocompromised person is *never* going to get sick” isn’t a leap many will take, and there are so many variables that it is going to be hard to say anything more than “for whatever reason, only x% of the immunocompromised population got sick last week” Hopefully more knowledgeable people will correct me....
    He’s getting his first dose Tuesday, so I suspect we will still stay careful for another six weeks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I am curious to see what my hospital/org is going to do. I am wearing mine under the chin mostly.

Also curious what's gonna happen when early vaccine recipients such as myself are going to get covid due to vaccine losing its efficacy over time.

Independent of the above, one of local restaurants started to require vaccination proof for their indoor dining room. Obviously, they are now on my NFE list.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe these dopes finally figured out that telling people they had to continue to wear a mask and stay at home even after being vaccinated kept people from getting the vaccine.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe these dopes finally figured out that telling people they had to continue to wear a mask and stay at home even after being vaccinated kept people from getting the vaccine.
    My guess is that the CDC wanted in on the kickback China pays Fauci for every mask that gets sold and Fauci don't play that.

Name:  fauci.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  36.1 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Also curious what's gonna happen when early vaccine recipients such as myself are going to get covid due to vaccine losing its efficacy over time.
    I sort of assume folks will need a booster next year.

The real trick is if early vaccine recipients (I'm in that group too) will be protected long enough to get to the "event horizon" where COVID is no longer prevalent in high enough frequency to be a major risk.

Sure there will be occasional breakouts. But a global-scale phenomena should be moving towards "past" as opposed to "future". But to get there we have to wait out the countries with extremely poor medical infrastructure and large populations (looking at you India and Indonesia). Our immunizations need to last long enough for it to burn out in those areas, so boosters may be necessary.

As long as the Vax keeps me from getting a severe Covid reaction, I’m happy.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Name:  59gnhc.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  87.6 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am curious to see what my hospital/org is going to do. I am wearing mine under the chin mostly.
    Same. It's a bit of a kabuki theater here.

I'm rotating at the childrens hospital now and we have to wear face shields into every patient room. Naturally the one I got is not perfectly transparent, sort of like looking through the bottom of a tupperware container. Would be love to be rid of that.

I think they wanted a convenient method to distract from the oil fiasco and the rest of the first 100 day disasters.

Give 'em some bread...and maybe a circus or two.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Give 'em some bread...
    I thought that was "cake"?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List