Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think they wanted a convenient method to distract from the oil fiasco and the rest of the first 100 day disasters.

Give 'em some bread...and maybe a circus or two.
    It's kind of like trying to distract a person that's on fire by yelling "squirrel!"- some things tend to hold a person's attention, and high gas prices are one of them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    The fact people were even complying with this in the first place is disappointing. In my area the mandate was largely ignored even before Governor Abbott lifted his order. Hopefully people will start to act psychologically healthy again, but I fear the damage has already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have an unvaccinated 15 year old with zero immune system at home. I need to see some definitive information about whether it is possible for a fully vaccinated person to carry and transmit the virus before I stop masking at public places indoors. The things I’ve read have not been consistent.
    My opinion?

Facts - We still have Americans dying everyday of COVID after being fully vaccinated. I believe every state has had fully vaccinated people hospitalized and likely every state has had people die after fully vaccinated/waiting period. People will contract and spread with barely discernible cases. CDCs official discussion - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

Here is the opinion- 90+% effective vaccines will not work 100% of the time... The CDC is playing softball on the COVID breakthrough cases, stressing the big truth over the nuanced facts. CDC has made it very difficult to prove COVID breakthrough, revising the definition to a narrow, narrow definition about six weeks ago. There are still 132 PCR-verified deaths reported in the fully vaxxed.

That said, Americans are tired for masks, social distancing and other extreme mitigation (except for Oregon). Weather is improving and making COVID transmission less likely writ large. The risk is far from zero. I am vaxxed and will continue to mask for a few more months in crowded outdoor and public indoor environments.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I thought that was "cake"?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Great, now I want some cake.

Back on topic a bigwig at my company just sent out a video saying that we were following the cdc guidelines and we would have to continue to wear masks at work even if our local state governments dropped the mandate.

Oops. 😁

So the next spike should be in what, 2-3 weeks?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Same. It's a bit of a kabuki theater here.

I'm rotating at the childrens hospital now and we have to wear face shields into every patient room. Naturally the one I got is not perfectly transparent, sort of like looking through the bottom of a tupperware container. Would be love to be rid of that.
    Word.

We're also required to wear face shields... even for non COVID patients and it's truly irritating.

Unless I'm suctioning a trach, or cleaning up a lower GI bleeder with a bad cough, I don't like to wear them.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    So the next spike should be in what, 2-3 weeks?

Okie John
    Depends upon the level of distraction and sleight of hand required.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

God I can't wait until the DoD starts to adopt a sane policy towards masking now. Given our track record, I probably won't have to wear my mask by 2025

It's simply to get a few more percentage points to get up and get vaccinated. We'll see if it works. Honestly, there are plenty of people that aren't interested in a vaccine if they still have to go through the entire COVID avoidance dance afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post

The risk is far from zero.
    CDC data suggests 0.0001% chance of dying from Covid after vaccination, of which 15% appear to be "with Covid". Looks to me as close to zero as possible, no, or I misunderstood what risk you were talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

We're also required to wear face shields... even for non COVID patients and it's truly irritating.

Unless I'm suctioning a trach, or cleaning up a lower GI bleeder with a bad cough, I don't like to wear them.

I wore N95 throughout the pre-vaccine pandemic but I wore the shield exactly once. Tried to do an MI case, took it off in 5 min, and that was it.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-13-2021 at 11:34 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List