Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    You mean HIPAA?

Still not relevant. HIPAA regulates medical providers and how their handle your information.
    Wrong acronym and wrong context. That takes some effort.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Hmmmm........yup, think I'll keep wearing a mask. Been wearing one every day for 35 years now, never have been ill or missed a day of work. Don't see a reason to stop now, particularly since COVID is indeed still around and we still are seeing folks die--even some who have documented vaccination.
    I usually get two or three colds a year, and at least one sinus infection after, and occasionally the flu.

Haven’t had a single thing, respiratory-ailment wise, in over a year.

I think they call that a clue. And I’ll probably keep wearing masks indoors around others for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I usually get two or three colds a year, and at least one sinus infection after, and occasionally the flu.

I think they call that a clue. And I’ll probably keep wearing masks indoors around others for a while yet.
    Do you attribute the lack of illness to the mask, the “social distance “ or to the fact that anyone who coughs in public is practically shunned?

Maybe the combination?

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Do you attribute the lack of illness to the mask, the “social distance “ or to the fact that anyone who coughs in public is practically shunned?

Maybe the combination?
    I do think staying home has made me more healthy. Just my feels but going a year without getting on an airplane or staying in only a couple of hotels (and not using any of the exercise equipment) could be a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    IMO there is never going to be a 100% answer to this (and the lack of 100% black and white answers is hanging up many people on both sides).
    We will never have a 100% answer because we, as a people, are no longer able to make fully objective unbiased research / decisions. People with power, even outside of government, want to force their opinions and ideology upon others. Big business Employers are lecturing people on their bias, and now with this pandemic trying to force employees to wave their HIPPA rights.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Sometime during the second season riding with it I figured out it had been shipped with a protective film on the lens..
    Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    As mentioned above, face shield lenses often have a protective sheet over both viewing surfaces for shipping protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    These are cheap plastic disposable face shields - no protective film over the plastic.
    I hope I didn't imply that anybody else might be a dumb as I am, but to make me look even dumber, the whole story is it was my wife that figured it out not me. She grew up in a semi-rural situation and is defiantly not prissy. But there are a handful of things that trigger her in a way that makes me wonder if The Princess and the Pea might be a true story, her vision is one of those things. When we got the helmets they came with all kinds of warnings about being dual pane heated visors that are not perfectly clear and not DOT approved for street use, and I accepted it is what it is. She didn't get to ride until the next season, after I had probably ridden about a thousand miles with mine, and pulls up next to me after about the first mile and says something like ICANNOTSEESHITTHROUGHTHISTHINGITISGIVINGMEAHEADACH IWILLNOTBEABLETODEALWITHTHISALLDAYTHISISTERRIBLETH EREHASTOBESOMETHINGWRONGIFEELLIKEIAMGOINGTOPUKE!!! !!, then reached up and pulled the protective film off her shield. And I thought, gee, I do not ever remember pulling that off of mine. It was like the morning after my first cataract surgery...

Site Supporter

Maybe the combination?
    From what I've read, there's been almost no flu this flu season. Since it apparently propagates the same way as Covid, the masks and handwashing have been credited with the near-absence of flu.

Masks are like, so two weeks ago...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter

Maybe the combination?
    Maybe a combination of those things and the fact that every kid who exhibits the least symptom of illness at school is immediately sent to the nurses office and then straight home instead of walking around infecting everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

I can wait to unmask until they clear up a couple of things.

What We’re Still Learning

How effective the vaccines are against variants of the virus that causes COVID-19. Early data show the vaccines may work against some variants but could be less effective against others.
    How well the vaccines protect people with weakened immune systems, including people who take immunosuppressive medications.
    How long COVID-19 vaccines can protect people.

As we know more, CDC will continue to update our recommendations for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List