Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

Covid: CDC Says No Mask Necessary For Fully Vaccinated

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Finally. I‘ve been all for being conservative, being a responsible member of society wearing masks even though they weren’t a perfect solution, etc. But an the “wear a mask even after you have been vaccinated” message sent even me over the edge.

Hammertime
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-guidance.html

This is great news. I think it lags behind common sense a few months but still.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Dammit, now how are people going to virtue signal?

I'm sure Washington's esteemed Governor Inslee will keep masking restrictions up indefinitely, because of "science."

(I'm getting very tired of wearing a mask in the weight room three weeks after full vaccination).

oh thank god I waited for permission... Ill know things are back to normal when the grocery store cashier who obviously is sick with the flu blows snot over my produce.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Dammit, now how are people going to virtue signal?

I'm sure Washington's esteemed Governor Inslee will keep masking restrictions up indefinitely, because of "science."

(I'm getting very tired of wearing a mask in the weight room three weeks after full vaccination).
    Glad I workout at home. Jeez.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have an unvaccinated 15 year old with zero immune system at home. I need to see some definitive information about whether it is possible for a fully vaccinated person to carry and transmit the virus before I stop masking at public places indoors. The things I’ve read have not been consistent.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 05-13-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So effectively no masks for anybody now, because the antivaxxers aren't wearing masks anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have an unvaccinated 15 year old with zero immune system. I need to see some definitive information about whether it is possible for a fully vaccinated person to carry and transmit the virus before I stop masking at public places indoors. The things I’ve read have not been consistent.
    IMO there is never going to be a 100% answer to this (and the lack of 100% black and white answers is hanging up many people on both sides). My recollection is you are 10 times or so less likely to contract the virus once you have been vaccinated, and for the few who do get the disease they shed say only 10% of the virus that they would have otherwise. So there is going to be maybe 1% of the virus floating around than before, but leaping from there to “a severely immunocompromised person is *never* going to get sick” isn’t a leap many will take, and there are so many variables that it is going to be hard to say anything more than “for whatever reason, only x% of the immunocompromised population got sick last week” Hopefully more knowledgeable people will correct me....

User Tag List