Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first kydex iwb holster, is it a proper build?

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'm not trying to be an asshole here, but that appears to be a fake RMR...
    You are not wrong.

Site Supporter
    Agreed.

im strong, i can run faster than train

It looks like they just have a cover on the RMR.

The clear material is called Phantom and you can buy it at Holsterbuilder.com for $8.00 a sheet.

Given the premium price you paid for a holster design that is pretty basic, I would recommend trying to return it because of the ride height issue. You could buy a completed holster shell of that design from holsterbuilder.com for $20, add the attachments of your choice, and come out ahead $100.

Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    It looks like they just have a cover on the RMR.
    The RMR itself is a fake... The cover is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 1dude1dog1gun View Post
    No? No one can help me out with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    In that case, I'd be getting in touch with the holster maker. Hopefully he will send you a holster that works or refund your money. A good place to start looking for a holster is the supporting businesses sub-forum. Actually that's an even better place to finish looking for a holster!
    @1dude1dog1gun, send that thing back and follow the above advice. I've always started and ended with JM Custom. Email Tony and he'll help you get what you want the first time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    The RMR itself is a fake... The cover is irrelevant.
    Didn’t think of that. I’ll watch the video.
    Last edited by JB2000; 05-18-2021 at 09:38 AM.

It is absolutely a knock off rmr. I’m not trying to hide anything 😄. I’ve never owned an optic before and am not about to spend several hundred dollars on my first one while learning the dos and donts of the optic world. I’ll most likely break it inadvertently by bumping into something. Hence the boot cover on it. You don’t buy a Ferrari as your first car now do ya

I honestly didn’t think this many people cared about a tonka toy airsoft knockoff optic. I mean, you could’ve inquired about it and I would have told you why I had it on that pistol and could’ve dispensed the conspiracy. I’m not afraid to spend the money for quality gear but I’m also reasonable about what I’m ready for and not ready for. I mean hell, I have yet to even chamber a round for the first time in that pistol let alone shooting it. Trust...when I’m ready for a quality optic and I feel I can take care of it properly while conceal carrying...then I’ll get one. But it’s important that all the prices of the puzzle are in place to make that purchase happen. Mainly, getting comfortable conceal carrying w/optic, having a proper holster and then the time ling will be more appropriate

Site Supporter
    There is no conspiracy, we wanted you to know what you had so that when it doesn’t hold zero or just stops working you wouldn’t be surprised and so you won’t put it on a firearm meant for defensive purposes. I’d rather a friend use stock glock sights that put one of those on a gun they might have to use as life saving equipment.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    There is no conspiracy, we wanted you to know what you had so that when it doesn’t hold zero or just stops working you wouldn’t be surprised and so you won’t put it on a firearm meant for defensive purposes. I’d rather a friend use stock glock sights that put one of those on a gun they might have to use as life saving equipment.
    Exactly this. Many people buy a knock-off without realizing it and just think they got a great deal, or pay full price and really get ripped off. You had not yet responded to the initial mention so it kept being an open topic.

User Tag List