Thread: Range Tech Timer

Range Tech Timer

Anybody tried or have info on this timer?
    https://www.rangetechtimer.com/
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Interesting concept. Definitely a good price point in the market.

I wonder if it picks up in Dry Fire?

And a Bluetooth connection...pairing it with a phone / tablet and then having the competitor wear it someplace as they run around a stage? I'd like to see how this works out in practice, or to see a typical USPSA match run. I think I read in the user notes that it reconnects to the phone / tablet if it loses connectivity, which would be good.

Site Supporter
    John from the Active Self Protection u tube channel uses that timer. In one video he had it setup to give a visual indication of start using his tablet I think.
    Adam

I bought one and used it once. I liked being able to use my phone for the readout as I could easily see the big numbers. I had it propped up on a barrel near where I was shooting.

I gave it to The Magnificent Steve to use when running his matches.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Nice concept. I have a chronograph that Bluetooth connects to my phone and stores data. It's pretty handy to have the info on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Interesting concept. Definitely a good price point in the market.

I wonder if it picks up in Dry Fire?

And a Bluetooth connection...pairing it with a phone / tablet and then having the competitor wear it someplace as they run around a stage? I'd like to see how this works out in practice, or to see a typical USPSA match run. I think I read in the user notes that it reconnects to the phone / tablet if it loses connectivity, which would be good.
    I believe I have read it does not pick up dry fire.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Bought one when they first came out. Couldn't come up with settings that didn't result in excess shots registering. Shelved it for a while and now the app does not work on my phone.

User Tag List