Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My first kydex iwb holster, is it a proper build?

Quote Originally Posted by 1dude1dog1gun View Post
    I understand where your coming from but I respect others input and respect where they come from regarding this subject as well. It may be easier for some to wash there hands of it even if it means at a loss but I’m not quite satisfied with that right now. This is my first attempt at iwb concealment and I’ve got quite a bad taste thus far...I don’t want to scrap the idea of iwb so I’m making damn sure my next moves are calculated and strategized correctly. This venture will be more costly then previously anticipated and will no doubt “chew” into my red dot fund and honestly, I’m not happy about that at all
    I think you taken my comment wrong, I absolutely agree that seeking other qualified input is great.

But you posted a question that this is your first kydex iwb holster and also asked if it is built correctly. I think other have commented to some of the issues with your holster.

If you want to rock on with that holster and try to get it to work, cool, no body is going to lose sleep over it. But the brand that others and I have recommended are good, vetted, peer reviewed and have the consensus of serious users that it is squared away and will cause a lot less hassle then you already have dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I think you taken my comment wrong, I absolutely agree that seeking other qualified input is great.

But you posted a question that this is your first kydex iwb holster and also asked if it is built correctly. I think other have commented to some of the issues with your holster.

If you want to rock on with that holster and try to get it to work, cool, no body is going to lose sleep over it. But the brand that others and I have recommended are good, vetted, peer reviewed and have the consensus of serious users that it is squared away and will cause a lot less hassle then you already have dealt with.
    I believe you are correct...do you know of any other manufacturer that has the clear stuff?

I believe you are correct...do you know of any other manufacturer that has the clear stuff?
    One of the best in the holster business (@orionz06) just told you that stuff was trash.

Multiple folks have repeatedly and patiently pointed you towards holster manufacturers that P-F members have vetted and recommend.

Not sure what else there is to talk about at this stage.

Site Supporter
    As mentioned earlier orionz06 is a manufacturer of holsters and stated that as a material it doesn’t hold up. I’ve never owned a holster of that material myself. But, when a trusted holster maker recommends against a material I would listen. I trust him, because I’ve never seen him give shit advice out on this forum, or in various podcasts or other media where he’s talked holsters.

Also notice that none of the recommended manufacturers you’ve been given use the clear plastic. That would be another clue that it’s not a viable holster material.

I understand that some folks want something that looks cool or different. However, you’ll be far better off in the long run to focus on functionality, durability and comfort first because those are the primary functions of a good blaster bucket. (It will also cost you less money as well) And don’t forget that most, maybe all of the recommended makers do have some different prints and colors.

ETA: @Mark D beat me to the punch and said what I was saying with a lot less words.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-25-2021 at 07:49 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

So CNC machines when ran work off of a predetermined set of commands (file) that give you a consistent product that humans most likely couldn’t produce time and time again. At the holster manufacturer I used has files for every pistol and light combo listed in there drop down menu but couldn’t alter or produce something new because they do t have the in-house knowledge to re-write computer codes for CNC machines. Hence...100% computer driven holsters with no deviation. So in my case, I most likely will have to press for a 100% refund as they can’t produce/correct the holster issues because, again, how can they fix a file that they can’t write? Know what I mean?
    Ahh, yeah. I they should be able to mod things, make new mold and new trim paths. Will they? Who knows.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    One of the best in the holster business (@orionz06) just told you that stuff was trash.

Multiple folks have repeatedly and patiently pointed you towards holster manufacturers that P-F members have vetted and recommend.

Not sure what else there is to talk about at this stage.
    Yes, I clearly remember him stating it wasn’t very good BUT, I’m not sure in this exact instance but I’ve known people who can take a questionable something and through good craftsmanship, create something rugged and amazing...but then you have an instance of someone taking something questionable and creating something, well, even more questionable. That’s kind of what I was meaning by a good manufacturer who knows what they are doing, taking something so-so and creating a Picasso so to speak. But I’m guessing that analogy failed to show itself to the audience. I guess I want something a little different. Doesn’t have to be any one specific material, just something not so common I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Ahh, yeah. I they should be able to mod things, make new mold and new trim paths. Will they? Who knows.
    BTW...the holster manufacturer responsible for the make of the holster I ordered is...
    Legacy Firearms Co.

BTW...the holster manufacturer responsible for the make of the holster I ordered is...
    Legacy Firearms Co.
    That’s it...screw it...I’m going Belly Band A.L.L T.H.E W.A.Y!!!!! Jk jk😬

redacted
    Kinda moot, and not what I was fishing for. They do appear to make some decent stuff, and make it well, so the one you posted seems odd.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Kinda moot, and not what I was fishing for. They do appear to make some decent stuff, and make it well, so the one you posted seems odd.
    I know you weren’t specifically asking who made it or anything but I’m at a loss now. After they finally replied after about 10days/5emails, they kicked some ideas at me and in return I kicked a cpl there way and have yet to hear from them again after about a week at this point...I agree, there products seem really good and just about every review matched that. I window shopped for a holster for my new pistol for about a month. Being new to iwb, well, firearms period, I wanted to make doubly sure I wasn’t settling for something. Legacy seemed to hit every mark. But I had a theory though...when I think of the size diff between the full size pistol and the compact size...the discrepancy almost lines up exactly. Not sure though

User Tag List