Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: S&W 43C vs 317

Google says the J frame Scandium .38/.357 revolvers were introduced in 2001, so the 317 was the Scandium choice for a few years.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I still want one of these things, this just helped remind me.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My 317 has light strikes with Mini-Mags as well, which for training purposes I don’t consider to be a major issue. The real PITA was dealing with the absolutely terrible Hiviz sight that comes with them now. I replaced the rear sight with a standard square notch and the pinned front with a .149 ramp sight. That sight then had to be ground down in order to avoid having to max out the elevation on the rear. It’s finally about where I want it and I went ahead and painted part of the front sight traffic cone orange.

Despite all of that, this pistol has become one of my favorites to shoot. With a trigger pull heavier than the gun itself it forced me to really work on trigger control, especially one handed. Name:  DB80272F-118B-46D7-914C-1659FBCB06F7.jpg
Views: 821
Size:  72.9 KB

I just ordered one of these for my 43c
    https://www.xssights.com/Standard_Do....aspx?CAT=8376
    I had posted a link earlier to the big dot sight but meant to post the standard dot. Then I saw this one on their site, I'll see if it makes any difference. I've certainly invested enough into Speed Beez and support gear for this high dollar revolver, another $73.00 can't hurt.

And to add, mine works fine with Mini Mags, Blazer and SV ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I had posted a link earlier to the big dot sight but meant to post the standard dot. Then I saw this one on their site, I'll see if it makes any difference. I've certainly invested enough into Speed Beez and support gear for this high dollar revolver, another $73.00 can't hurt.

It looks like they say that the same sight fits both J-Frames and SP 101? Interesting.

Ya i don’t know about the SP101 but I put the white version of this sight in my old 640-1 that my daughter has now and also in my old 43c. I shot both of them better than I do this 43c but they also had Pachmyer Compac’s on them. I have trouble with my hands (carpel release and nerve damage) so I put Compac’s on this one last week. Limited shooting seems that I can shoot it better even with the globe sight. I hope to shoot it in a SC match next weekend. That’ll tell the truth. I shot an ICORE match with it last month, it was humiliating.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post

I put one of these on my 351c, have a second to install on the 43c

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you find an appropriate (fiber or other) front sight, that allows a conventional sight picture, please post the link!
    I just ordered the HIVIZ. https://www.hivizsights.com/product/sw1001/

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Got the XS sight on today and I didn’t know this thing had a lumen rating...

Seriously this is my running gun and I run in the dark of the early morning or the light of the moon and this tritium/luminescent painted sight is gonna be great. I hope to be able to shoot it tomorrow and see where it hits.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Attachment 71426

Picked up these recently as 22LR trainers too.

The J frame has a blade rear and ramp front. Eats mini mags just fine.

@GJM maybe that model is an option for your J frame training?
    Very nice S&W - have one of those on my short list. Unfortunately they have gotten a bit pricey.
    Details (vintage, etc.)?

User Tag List