Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: S&W 43C vs 317

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Having a tough time finding a source of a 442 airsoft. Saw an old listing of a Tanaka 442 airsoft on ebay that indicated the bidding was over $300. Wuuuuut?

Are these still a thing?
    I found one for about that plus $100 shipping from Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I found one for about that plus $100 shipping from Japan...
    Jeezus H!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Updates?

Kind of reviving an old thread...

BN, are you still running the Dawson .110 tall x .100 wide FO sights? Just to verify the .110 tall is shooting pretty much POA/POI with most ammo at 15-25y?

Has anyone tried the Crimson Trace green laser grips on either the 43C or 317?

Is there a larger or thicker J frame grip that anyone prefers? I was looking at the Altai grips by Altamont.

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    Kind of reviving an old thread...

BN, are you still running the Dawson .110 tall x .100 wide FO sights? Just to verify the .110 tall is shooting pretty much POA/POI with most ammo at 15-25y?

Has anyone tried the Crimson Trace green laser grips on either the 43C or 317?

Is there a larger or thicker J frame grip that anyone prefers? I was looking at the Altai grips by Altamont.
    I've gone back to the factory white dot front sight because it's the most visible to me. The Dawson was too narrow for me to see and the tiny fiber optic didn't stand out good enough for me no matter what color I used. I have decided that this is a "Get Off Me" gun rather than a target gun. I can get mostly down zero hits on an IDPA target at 25 yards using the front dot snugged down in the rear notch with part of it standing above the round notch.

I also have Crimson Trace LG-405 red laser grips on it. I like these grips well enough that I would use them even if they didn't have a laser.

I've found that my 43c needs very clean chambers. I use Bore Tech C4 on Q-tips to loosen up the carbon deposits in the chambers and then run a copper brush through several times followed by dry patches. If I'm shooting a lot in a session, I brush the chambers after a few gun loads to keep extraction easy.

This gun is in my front pants pocket in an A-Holster if I have pants on.

Good story from today. I was shooting a local 22LR long range match today. After a few of us shot the match, one guy was shooting his K-Frame 22 at some 3 or 4 inch falling steel at 15 yards. After he finished, I stepped up, drew my 43c from my pocket and cleaned the first 5, moved to the next rack of decreasing size from the 3 or 4 inch to smaller, hit the first 2, missed the 3rd, reloaded with the speedloader in my pocket and cleaned the rest. 11 shots for 10 plates. I used the laser sights and it was easy. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I've gone back to the factory white dot front sight because it's the most visible to me. The Dawson was too narrow for me to see and the tiny fiber optic didn't stand out good enough for me no matter what color I used. I have decided that this is a "Get Off Me" gun rather than a target gun. I can get mostly down zero hits on an IDPA target at 25 yards using the front dot snugged down in the rear notch with part of it standing above the round notch.
    I opened up the rear sight with a round file and it works like the Haught half ghost ring sight. https://www.aridusindustries.com/pro...crom-aperture/ @LHS

BN, That is a good story! You just saved me money on replacing the front sight and grips. Thank you! Money towards LG405 or LG350.

How much of a struggle was seeing the red laser outdoors in daylight? Do you ever wish it were the larger LG350G green laser grips?

Quote Originally Posted by strow View Post
    How much of a struggle was seeing the red laser outdoors in daylight? Do you ever wish it were the larger LG350G green laser grips?
    I can see the laser out to 7 or 10 yards even on a bright sunny day most times. I can see it farther many times. My method is, bring the gun up into my vision and whichever sight I see is what I use. In close it's usually the laser. Sometimes I turn the laser off to only use the iron sights for practice.

One thing to remember is to use that Q-tip thing they include with the laser sights to keep it clean.

I don't have enough experience with green lasers to make a judgement.

edit to add: i can shoot smaller slow fire groups with the laser.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one that thinks it’s a pain to swap out front sights on the j frames! I replaced my beat up 351c with a red FO and it looked like a caveman with a rock did it! My Taurus and LCRs are very easy to swap out front sights. Going to swap my new 351c and 43c out for Dawson red FO front sights soon. Hope it turns out better.

I have tried the 305s on my 351c and 43c. I’m just so use to “pinky tucking” that I prefer the shorter 405s and boot grips.

I wish I could find some 405 type grips for my LCRs.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Glad to hear I’m not the only one that thinks it’s a pain to swap out front sights on the j frames! I replaced my beat up 351c with a red FO and it looked like a caveman with a rock did it! My Taurus and LCRs are very easy to swap out front sights. Going to swap my new 351c and 43c out for Dawson red FO front sights soon. Hope it turns out better.

I have tried the 305s on my 351c and 43c. I’m just so use to “pinky tucking” that I prefer the shorter 405s and boot grips.

I wish I could find some 405 type grips for my LCRs.

Jerry
    I just ordered 405s, hoping they pocket carry as well as the original grips.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I just ordered 405s, hoping they pocket carry as well as the original grips.
    They are as short as the original boot grips, and I find them to carry very well on any j frame I have. The 405s are “longer” in the dimension of trigger to backstrap, and I find that it be where I need the more in most grips I have used. And they cover the backstrap too. The “leather strap covered in sports wrap” trick works well for me also.

Always watching for another pair to go on sale! LOL

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

User Tag List