Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medium Power Variables on general use AR's

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Vudo/EOTech had a 2.5-10x up until just recently on thier website. I think it would have met your requirements. And it was available with a Horus reticle.

Even though it appears to have been discontinued it might be possible to find one NOS somewhere.
    That scope was on sale at DVOR for a while too - if we're thinking of the same thing, it was ~28oz, way overweight for my needs.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The LHT models? They're quite a bit more scope than the SWFA, but that comes at double the weight and triple the cost.
    They're still under 20oz and the actual prices are much lower than MSRP from what I've seen. It came to mind because I recalled seeing Kyle Defoor show his setup on Instagram using one of the Vortex Razor LHT scopes with rings and a riser for a light AR build.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    it was ~28oz, way overweight for my needs.
    Ooh yeah that's not good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I detailed this in the LPVO thread but I was looking for a 2-10ish FFP scope with a decent illuminated reticle <24oz of weight. I came down to basically two options in the $1k or less range: the Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 and the Primary arms GLx 2.5-10x40 something.
    Leupold has some lighter weight scopes in its new Mark 3HD line. The 3x9 weighs 15.8 ounces and has an illuminated mil based reticle. I assume only the very center dot lights up.

https://www.leupold.com/mark-3hd-3-9...um-firedot-tmr

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’ve spent some time on Razor and Viper 1-6s and the Razor 1-10. The latter usually had an offset RDS to play with. I liked the mechanics of the offset rds but didn’t like the bulk or the one sidedness. I ditched the 1-10 to switch reticles but haven’t replaced it yet so this is more of a concept than a tested theory but I’m pretty convinced that the Razor 1-10 MRAD in a Badger C1 1.7 Mount with a top mounted RM06 is the final solution. It’s mucho $$$ but I justify it as a significant capability which should make up for a lack of skill and practice to some extent. Plus it is the standard for rule number one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How far is the throw from 1x to 10x? 180° or something more?

The 1-10 offers remarkable flexibility and I wonder about setting it on something in the lower middle of its magnification range. Could it be set at 3x or 4x and left there? Some power that makes the reticle big enough to see without soaking up batteries. From here it might be a very short twist either up or down the power scale based on target distance. Bang it down to 1x for anything within 20 yards or crank it the other way for anything at 200+

How far is the throw from 1x to 10x? 180° or something more?

The 1-10 offers remarkable flexibility and I wonder about setting it on something in the lower middle of its magnification range. Could it be set at 3x or 4x and left there? Some power that makes the reticle big enough to see without soaking up batteries. From here it might be a very short twist either up or down the power scale based on target distance. Bang it down to 1x for anything within 20 yards or crank it the other way for anything at 200+

I don't really remember, I still haven't gotten a replacement one but I think it was close to 180. What you're saying should be completely feasible, I never shot matches that had enough far targets to justify trying that though I'd thought about it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Leupold has some lighter weight scopes in its new Mark 3HD line. The 3x9 weighs 15.8 ounces and has an illuminated mil based reticle. I assume only the very center dot lights up.

https://www.leupold.com/mark-3hd-3-9...um-firedot-tmr

I did consider some Leupold options - I'm happy enough with the Credo for the forseeable future though.

User Tag List