Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
The last issue of NTOA's "Tactical Edge" had a pretty insightful article by Travis Norton of Oceanside (CA) PD on last year's riot season. He pointed out training and equipment issues with officers with standard (for most agencies) less lethal training then trying to deploy a less-lethal rounds in a crowded environment with rioters mingled with "peaceful protesters". He also remarked on the inconsistent flight patterns of some less-lethal rounds which can be exacerbated by imperfect transport and storage.

But, ya know, a few more hours of implicit bias and descalation training will correct these problems.
Lack of a yearly MFF and Crowd Control training is downright criminal. Since 2012 and the Occupy riots, my county has been sending Mobile Field Forces to other counties in the SF Bay Area for riots and demonstrations. I will let everyone guess how many county-wide MFF training days we have had since then. Our administrators are clueless. The police, instead of rising to some imaginary standard, perform down to their lowest level of training and we are shocked, shocked I tell you, when we get bad results.