Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas law enforcement ‘skeptical and nervous’ about constitutional carry gun bill

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    It doesn't. I am just jealous that Vermont has something called "autumn", and not "less summer."

The only negative I am really thinking could occur is an increase in 30.07 signs like occurred last time.
    You mean the signs where if you ignore it and carry anyway (1) nobody will know and (2) if they do know all they can do is ask you to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    (As an aside, Kansas had some excellent steakhouses the last time I was there.)
    Where did you eat?

This was priceless:

“I think they agreed to disagree,” Myles said of the two. “But when you work for a company, you have to abide by the company’s philosophies and rules especially when you are part of a staff where everyone answers to the Sheriff. We have to be of one accord.”

So apparently the elected Representative needs to run all his votes by the Sheriff.

Need a new Sheriff. I'll bet he still gets paid for each prisoner's meals and feeds them horsecock and kool-aide to make money on the meals.

Schedule of Cash Receipts, Disbursements and Balances
    August 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020
    Pistol Permit Fees $3,469,238.00

https://examiners.alabama.gov/PDFLink.aspx?IDReport=5985

Sheriff’s Fund – This fund is used to account for the disbursement of revenues derived from the sale of pistol permits in Mobile County. In accordance with the Code of Alabama 1975, Section 45-49-233, this fund is to be used exclusively for law enforcement purposes and in the discharge of the Sheriff’s Office as he sees fit.
    https://examiners.alabama.gov/PDFLin...?IDReport=5985

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    You mean the signs where if you ignore it and carry anyway (1) nobody will know and (2) if they do know all they can do is ask you to leave?
    30.07 signs are specific to open carry. So everybody will know because the OC’er will point out their sheepdog special to any who fail to notice on their own.

Oh, and for both 30.06 and 30.07 they can ask you to leave and never comeback in the form of a criminal trespass warning.

So it depends on whether you care about going ever back there without being arrested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    30.07 signs are specific to open carry. So everybody will know because the OC’er will point out their sheepdog special to any who fail to notice on their own.

Oh, and for both 30.06 and 30.07 they can ask you to leave and never comeback in the form of a criminal trespass warning.

So it depends on whether you care about going ever back there without being arrested.
    I’m happy to not go back to any place that asks me to leave. Fortunately, despite never paying attention to any 30.06 sign I’ve ever seen (and also never looking for them), that has never happened to me.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Schedule of Cash Receipts, Disbursements and Balances
    August 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020
    Pistol Permit Fees $3,469,238.00

https://examiners.alabama.gov/PDFLink.aspx?IDReport=5985

Sheriff’s Fund – This fund is used to account for the disbursement of revenues derived from the sale of pistol permits in Mobile County. In accordance with the Code of Alabama 1975, Section 45-49-233, this fund is to be used exclusively for law enforcement purposes and in the discharge of the Sheriff’s Office as he sees fit.
    https://examiners.alabama.gov/PDFLin...?IDReport=5985

And that's the rub. Follow the money.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    This was priceless:

“I think they agreed to disagree,” Myles said of the two. “But when you work for a company, you have to abide by the company’s philosophies and rules especially when you are part of a staff where everyone answers to the Sheriff. We have to be of one accord.”

So apparently the elected Representative needs to run all his votes by the Sheriff.

Need a new Sheriff. I'll bet he still gets paid for each prisoner's meals and feeds them horsecock and kool-aide to make money on the meals.
    It’s common for newly elected Sheriffs here to gut upper level management when they’re elected and appoint people who will be “loyal” to their policies.

And yeah, the jail-food thing still happens including one sheriff buying himself a sweet beach house with food funds, but he got to go to federal prison and a couple of other Sheriffs have been put away by the feds for similar activities in the last few years too.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Arizona has a population density twice what Texas has. They also have very similar border issues that you have. They haven't had any changes in handgun violence directly related to constitutional carry in the decade they've had it. Arizona is actually what started this modern trend and I solute them for it.

I'll not resort to personal attacks, but I seriously don't get people like you that have the elitist view that a U.S. citizen needs a permit to exercise an inalienable and constitutionally protected right.
    Boom.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    My last renewal was online. I checked the box that I read and understood the law updates. Not a lot of dedication to teaching the legal updates. I’ll see what the renewal looks like next time round. I still have 2 years to go.
    Same here. Clicked & paid online and the new license showed up maybe 2 weeks later.

These are the same histrionics we heard 25+ years ago when Texas was debating CHL for the first time. There were big city chiefs who vocally opposed it (I remember Rathburn of DPD being particularly obnoxious.)

We heard it again about open carry.

The state hasn’t turned into Dodge City and won’t this time around.

User Tag List