Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas law enforcement ‘skeptical and nervous’ about constitutional carry gun bill

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s apparently the case in AL as well but not in TX.

The usual liberal city chiefs have come out against constitutional carry on a “blood in the streets” argument here and of course some of (the worst of) the LTC instructors.
    Sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Real talk: you know who can get fucked? Every single Concealed Carry instructor that was against this bill because they were worried about it cutting into their revenue.
    Them and Texans that are worried about whether or not a person is "educated" enough to carry. Get over yourselves. Vermont never had a license to carry, Alaska approved constitutional carry 17 years ago in June.. then 18 other states followed. There has been no blood in the streets because of this. There has been no epidemic of people shooting others in questionable self defense situations, and there has been no widespread problem with people carrying in prohibited places. I always have to laugh when someone tells me Texas is one of the best 2nd amendment friendly states.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That’s apparently the case in AL as well but not in TX.

The usual liberal city chiefs have come out against constitutional carry on a “blood in the streets” argument here and of course some of (the worst of) the LTC instructors.
    This is why I wasn't the least bit surprised by the content of the article. When I saw it was the police chief in Fort Worth coming out against it and writing a letter to a state senator on behalf of the entire department, I saw normal big city politics.

Fort Worth likes to play up its frontier Cowtown image but it's no different than a lot of other urban areas.

The only thing that would surprise me is if the chiefs in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas did not do the same.

Kudos to the Tarrant County Sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Them and Texans that are worried about whether or not a person is "educated" enough to carry. Get over yourselves. Vermont never had a license to carry, Alaska approved constitutional carry 17 years ago in June.. then 18 other states followed. There has been no blood in the streets because of this. There has been no epidemic of people shooting others in questionable self defense situations, and there has been no widespread problem with people carrying in prohibited places. I always have to laugh when someone tells me Texas is one of the best 2nd amendment friendly states.
    The one difference of course is that we have the second largest population in the US and major cities.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    The one difference of course is that we have the second largest population in the US and major cities.
    On the other hand there might be a few less instances where a dude who’s doing nothing wrong but carry a gun to protect himself from the shitty people who live in his neighborhood doesn’t run from or fight the cops if he gets pulled over.

Or the abused woman who finds out her ex is back in town and plans to kill her this weekend will be able to legally carry a gun and not have to worry about catching a charge.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    And that matters why?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    And that matters why?
    It doesn't. I am just jealous that Vermont has something called "autumn", and not "less summer."

The only negative I am really thinking could occur is an increase in 30.07 signs like occurred last time.

You think that's a good thing. Your state is fucked. Texans need to get over themselves, the rest of us are no more impressed with you than we are with California.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Ok, so Texas is going to erupt into a bloodbath? What’s your point?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    You think that's a good thing. Your state is fucked. Texans need to get over themselves, the rest of us are no more impressed with you than we are with California.
    Wait until the rest of CA gets there. The term Texian may once again apply, but this time to Californians who moved to Texas.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List