Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas law enforcement ‘skeptical and nervous’ about constitutional carry gun bill

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    They have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it.
    Heh... Even when they pass it, and integrate it into the PC posted online, it's still hard to read. Many pieces of gun-related PC are rife with sections that read "the following text was inserted on..... ", so you still have to read the original text, then the added text out of context. It's frustrating.

example: https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/PE.46.htm

Text of subsection as added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 437 (H.B. 910), Sec. 47
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Texas Senate passed the committee bill tonight. Gov Abbott has already indicated his enthusiasm to sign.

On 1-Sep-21, Texas will become the largest state where citizens will be free to carry guns without needing a license from The Man.

Bueno.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup...7R&Bill=HB1927
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Awesome! Congratulations guys!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So will an unintended consequence be that the current signage will be replace by total ban signs?

Now, you can ban open, or concealed separately. I knew places that did the open ban but not the concealed carry. Will that go away? So HEB banned OC, will they take out all guns - for example? Can you still have the separate signage? I'm sure some firms will get pressure for the total bans from their liability hounds of hell.

That's not a good thing.
    This is my concern--that places will just decide to simplify it and ban the legal carry of all guns on their premises to make things simple for themselves.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    This is my concern--that places will just decide to simplify it and ban the legal carry of all guns on their premises to make things simple for themselves.

Congrats to the Texans on becoming the 21st State to establish Constitutional Carry.

Fellow Hoosiers: we got work to do. 344 days until the Primary Election.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    This is my concern, too. You managed to say it more clearly, with far fewer words.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This is my concern, too. You managed to say it more clearly, with far fewer words.
    Which is something I so seldom do.

Site Supporter
    I agree reading it as an entire bill and its interactions with previous law is a total pain. So, here's my question - IIRC, it was in the law that employers could not ban LTC folks from having guns in the business' parking lots. This was particularly important for private colleges and universities where carry was banned (due to the campus carry giving them an out - stupid!). Is it still in force for LTC holders and parking lots? What about constitutional carriers? Are they covered? I'm not going to dig through all that editing - so if someone knows I'd appreciate it.

Since I don't work there anymore, it's just a moot point for me, but I still have friends who do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I agree reading it as an entire bill and its interactions with previous law is a total pain. So, here's my question - IIRC, it was in the law that employers could not ban LTC folks from having guns in the business' parking lots. This was particularly important for private colleges and universities where carry was banned (due to the campus carry giving them an out - stupid!). Is it still in force for LTC holders and parking lots? What about constitutional carriers? Are they covered? I'm not going to dig through all that editing - so if someone knows I'd appreciate it.

Since I don't work there anymore, it's just a moot point for me, but I still have friends who do.
    Campus carry is TX PC 411.2031
    https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...htm/GV.411.htm

I don't see anything in the Constitutional Carry Bill that changes anything about 411.2031 except for moving the definition of "Premises" from PC 46.035 (which goes away with this bill) to 46.03.

The "Parking Lot Law", PC 52.061, also remains unchanged other than moving the referenced definition of Premises from 46.035 to 46.03.

IANAL. Just my opinion. Worth what you paid for it.

User Tag List