Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fort Campbell Soldiers Charged in Gun Pipeline to Chicago

@JRB

I feel your pain. Nobody hates a bad LEO more than good LEOs. But we all get painted with the same brush.

At least you know that virtually everyone here knows better. (And your service has always been appreciated.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @JRB

I feel your pain. Nobody hates a bad LEO more than good LEOs. But we all get painted with the same brush.

At least you know that virtually everyone here knows better. (And your service has always been appreciated.)
    I know you all feel that pain too, and that you're just as frustrated by feely-good BS infecting replacing previously effective internal methods at handling these things.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I am quite pleased to see the law enforced.
    Me too, but I wish it were enforced on all those grannies and girlfriends of gangbangers who do the same thing. That ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The first local gun store I started going to when I turned 16 was shut down after hundreds of guns they sold were tracked back to them and a couple of straw purchasers they were working with from New York. We can put our fingers in our ears and La La La that it’s all lies all we want, but this is a thing and has been and will be as long as money can be made doing it.
    I know a dealer who lost his license because hundreds of firearms were "disappearing" from his inventory without any record of them being sold or transferred. The story I heard was a family member was running guns out of the family business. Eventually the ATF caught on to it and closed the business down. One of the things that lead up to the bust was firearms were showing up at crime scenes that were traced back to the business but never transferred.

I think there are bad apples in the military just like in the civilian population. I'm not sure it's even possible to weed them out just like it isn't possible to weed them out of law enforcement or any other gov't run organization. Very few of the people I worked with, that I thought needed terminated, ever got terminated by the agency. Mostly just sidelined until they moved on.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I know a dealer who lost his license because hundreds of firearms were "disappearing" from his inventory without any record of them being sold or transferred. The story I heard was a family member was running guns out of the family business. Eventually the ATF caught on to it and closed the business down. One of the things that lead up to the bust was firearms were showing up at crime scenes that were traced back to the business but never transferred.

I think there are bad apples in the military just like in the civilian population. I'm not sure it's even possible to weed them out just like it isn't possible to weed them out of law enforcement or any other gov't run organization. Very few of the people I worked with, that I thought needed terminated, ever got terminated by the agency. Mostly just sidelined until they moved on.
    That wouldn't happen to have been a prominent SOT dealer out of Rio Rancho, NM some years back?

As for kicking out dirtbags and shitheads - that used to be pretty fast in the Army, now, it takes months worth of paperwork that all has to be perfectly and precisely done exactly right. I honestly loathe most SJA's. They seem to be excellent at digging in their heels to advocate for truly worthless Soldiers, but do basically nothing for the handful of joes that are honestly worth keeping/fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    It would be interesting to see if any of the three were given morality waivers. The article goes out of the way to not mention gang associations.
    Once again, I agree with you 100percent. You can see a lot by looking.

Honestly, “rapey gang members using the army to further their violent homeboy ambitions” would have made for a much more compelling headline, so who’s ultimately the fool on this agenda-driven slant stuff, anyways?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    ^This line right here. This shit gnaws at me every day. Shitheads don't go this large overnight, they get there by doing one shitty thing at a time, progressively shittier, without effective consequence.

I promise, absolutely fucking promise, there was an NCO at some point that wished like hell he could take that kid to the woodline or do some good old wall-to-wall counseling, and that would have likely *WORKED* to adjust that kid on his shit before it got to the level of sexual assault or illegal gunrunning.
    But it's a newer, gentler Army now, one where we don't do shit like that because it's 'hazing' or 'unrefined' or 'unprofessional'. Nowadays this just starts a paper trail that takes years to actually form into a tangible punishment but can potentially screw up all kinds of things for Soldiers later in their careers after they've been 'fixed' of whatever started that paper trail.

Young joes like that, who continue to push boundaries, simply don't respond to paperwork because they don't give a fuck about paperwork. It's an eye-rolling inconvenience, not a real punishment. Sure, Article 15's and such likely happened but extra duty and docked pay doesn't mean shit to many of those Soldiers. They simply do not fear the disapproval of their NCO's or leadership, so while they may be on extra duty and getting less pay, they're still fucking up the extra duty.

It makes me sick, because every time shit like this spills into criminal bullshit on the civilian side of things, especially when it makes the news, it makes EVERY one of us look bad, and that makes me angry as hell.
    For every kid who straightened up after taking the "Army or jail" deal, I wonder how many of tiese members of The Pool turned out to be a burden on the command. Bad evals, NJPs, court-martials, admin discharges.

I had a spirited discussion with a judge about these guys one time. Only the fact that it was a long-distance call probably kept me from a charge of contempt.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

That wouldn't happen to have been a prominent SOT dealer out of Rio Rancho, NM some years back?

As for kicking out dirtbags and shitheads - that used to be pretty fast in the Army, now, it takes months worth of paperwork that all has to be perfectly and precisely done exactly right. I honestly loathe most SJA's. They seem to be excellent at digging in their heels to advocate for truly worthless Soldiers, but do basically nothing for the handful of joes that are honestly worth keeping/fighting for.
    No, that dealer was here in WA.

Where I worked it took 6-12 months because of the union. Usually near the end of the termination process the individual would terminate themselves if it looked like there wasn't any settlement coming. One individual I worked with literally terminated himself by suicide.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

^This line right here. This shit gnaws at me every day. Shitheads don't go this large overnight, they get there by doing one shitty thing at a time, progressively shittier, without effective consequence.

I promise, absolutely fucking promise, there was an NCO at some point that wished like hell he could take that kid to the woodline or do some good old wall-to-wall counseling, and that would have likely *WORKED* to adjust that kid on his shit before it got to the level of sexual assault or illegal gunrunning.
    But it's a newer, gentler Army now, one where we don't do shit like that because it's 'hazing' or 'unrefined' or 'unprofessional'. Nowadays this just starts a paper trail that takes years to actually form into a tangible punishment but can potentially screw up all kinds of things for Soldiers later in their careers after they've been 'fixed' of whatever started that paper trail.

Young joes like that, who continue to push boundaries, simply don't respond to paperwork because they don't give a fuck about paperwork. It's an eye-rolling inconvenience, not a real punishment. Sure, Article 15's and such likely happened but extra duty and docked pay doesn't mean shit to many of those Soldiers. They simply do not fear the disapproval of their NCO's or leadership, so while they may be on extra duty and getting less pay, they're still fucking up the extra duty.

It makes me sick, because every time shit like this spills into criminal bullshit on the civilian side of things, especially when it makes the news, it makes EVERY one of us look bad, and that makes me angry as hell.
    II dont see it that way. First off you are saying a NCO is going to take a likely gang member out for a beating? With other gang members around? These shitbirds were already criminals, a gang mentality criminal before they joined a beating iisnt going to change that. I knew a guy who had the same mentality gut a Sgt. with a Kabar for his reenlistment bonus. He got life in Leavenworth. These fucks have contributed to deaths of others. They should get no less.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    These guys?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...n-worst-in-us/

Still operating as a reloading shop with archery and muzzle loaders, as of a couple years ago. Kind of a neat place to pick up some bullets and powder, back when there was some to be picked up.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List