Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rental car prices.

Offer to pay the rental car companies with lumber and get a big discount.....

Our company just got quote $6,900 for a June 1-30 rental of a regular car in Anchorage.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Our company just got quote $6,900 for a June 1-30 rental of a regular car in Anchorage.
    $230/day.

I'm in the wrong business.

$100/day for a Buick Regal for our annual trip to Newport RI. I think we usually pay something like $30/day?

funnily enough, the cheapest option was a Ford Transit. I was tempted, particularly since I'm considering buying one, but the streets of Newport aren't very conducive so that big of a vehicle (even though the damn thing really just sits parked for 3 days).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    $100/day for a Buick Regal for our annual trip to Newport RI. I think we usually pay something like $30/day?

funnily enough, the cheapest option was a Ford Transit. I was tempted, particularly since I'm considering buying one, but the streets of Newport aren't very conducive so that big of a vehicle (even though the damn thing really just sits parked for 3 days).
    Someone needs to start an Air B&B for cars.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Someone needs to start an Air B&B for cars.
    https://turo.com/

https://www.getaround.com/

maybe I'll rent Homie's 2020 v6 Mustang instead...
    https://turo.com/us/en/car-rental/un...rchId=AT6bUv1Y

Biggest potential issue I see is around pickup and dropoff. Assuming the owner is willing to meet me at the airport at my times and then bugger off and not ask me for a ride home (which I'm assuming is the case for $80 delivery fee), I'd be down.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I just looked at cars for the Revolver Roundup in November- $480 w National, $820 with Hertz. Ouch.

My normal business rental via an FBO has gone up $5 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet I could find a high school kid to rent you his Subaru for 1/3rd that price.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I bet I could find a high school kid to rent you his Subaru for 1/3rd that price.
    Just on principle I objected to that price, and will be loaning them a 4Runner we aren't using then.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

They still make Buick?? YTF?

User Tag List