Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rental car prices.

Going to OH in June and paid $300 for a 3 day economy sized rental. I felt sick after paying that...

You’re gonna have to get that sucker airborn before you leave the rental lot at those prices.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Going to OH in June and paid $300 for a 3 day economy sized rental. I felt sick after paying that...
    Doing the same for 11 days in Montana in July. $1100

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    They still make Buick?? YTF?
    It's about world markets or, at least, one major market. Apparently Buick has serious brand cachet in China. So the badge survived the downsizing that killed nameplates like Pontiac and Oldsmobile when the big US auto makers reconciled their lineups after the 2008 recession. Go figure...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    It's about world markets or, at least, one major market. Apparently Buick has serious brand cachet in China. So the badge survived the downsizing that killed nameplates like Pontiac and Oldsmobile when the big US auto makers reconciled their lineups after the 2008 recession. Go figure...
    Isn't Buick selling a bunch of rebadged European Opels? Probably saved them a bunch on design/engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Doing the same for 11 days in Montana in July. $1100
    In the grand scheme of things it looks like you're actually lucky. I've heard of absurd prices in popular summer tourist destinations like WY, MT, FL, etc.
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/2021/0...s-get-a-boost/

Bozeman, Montana, was the most expensive city to rent a car in during the final week of April, with an average price of $259 per day, according to travel search website Kayak. That’s up 278% compared with 2019.

Boston Enterprise, full sized car for 8 days, 4th of July week. $573. Booked about 3-4 weeks ago.

Now $641

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    In the grand scheme of things it looks like you're actually lucky. I've heard of absurd prices in popular summer tourist destinations like WY, MT, FL, etc.
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/2021/0...s-get-a-boost/
    Not sure if Billings counts for that or not? Headed to the north-east from there.. I know for a fact that nobody wants to go there in July, yet the wife's family has called for a family get together. I'm just going to keep to myself and keep a good level buzz for the week.

I'm looking at rental cars for four days from Manchester NH in early August. Rates are about $180 per day, totaling about $1000 with fees. Jeezus. In normal times this would've cost $250 total.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I'm looking at rental cars for four days from Manchester NH in early August. Rates are about $180 per day, totaling about $1000 with fees. Jeezus. In normal times this would've cost $250 total.
    $1000 pays for a lot of Uber. Saves you the hotel parking fee too. Just saying.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List