Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How is the gas panic in your area?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I have some friends driving West from DFW through NM and AZ today...
    I assumed they won't encounter any problems finding gas along the way, since the pipeline issue is East/SE coast.

Anyone in TX/NM/AZ/CA seeing any availability problems?

I know that prices are gettng ugly, but, I haven't seen any lines or stock outs here.
    AZ. Prices were up a few cents yesterday when I hit 1/4 tank and filled the Durango, but there weren’t even lines to the pumps.

The former firefighter in me cringes at the below video.

https://www.wect.com/2021/05/12/uscp...eps-southeast/

Oops.
    Video not available on that website now. But it's making the rounds on Facebook and other media

Site Supporter
    Central SC there were several long gas lines yesterday and stations running out of fuel. Today saw several stations with pump handles bagged but I've been able to top up without issue. Seems to have calmed down a bit.

Coworker on the coast told me she had to visit several stations before she could find gas.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Anyone in TX/NM/AZ/CA seeing any availability problems?

I know that prices are gettng ugly, but, I haven't seen any lines or stock outs here.
    Filled up the F150 last night at a QuikTrip no problem in Dallas. Price was ugly. Sympathy for our east coast PF brethren, but I think Texas is far enough west that we will not see a shortage. I think we have a different supply than that pipeline out east that is causing the problems.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

US pipelines

Source: API

Yep, one long purple pipeline for refined product from the Houston/Beaumont/Port Arthur refining center all the way up to New York.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

No issues this morning at my local Wawa near the long-term hotel we are staying at here in Nokomis FL (suburb of Sarasota FL). I also stopped by Costco today in Bradenton FL and while busy (lots of retired geezers) it wasn't really anything out of the ordinary.

Site Supporter
    Colonial just announced they’re going to start bringing the pipeline back into service.

Colonial Pipeline announced that it has launched the restart of pipeline operations as of about 5 p.m. Eastern time. The company said “it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal.” There will probably continue to be service interruptions. “Colonial will move as much gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel as is safely possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal,” the company said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...DFEUW4EPOAGSGM
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Busier than usual in London and Plain City, Ohio. No waiting in lines, $2.89 gal. Trip to Dayton, for a client meeting, didn't notice any above normal shenanigans at the pumps.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I drive very little nowadays
    Same. My car will do ~420 miles on a tank, it's currently full, and I only drove a little over 2000 miles in the last year. I'm good for a long time unless something changes about my travel needs.

User Tag List